Forum

From Athens =Good Friday & Easter

10 years 1 week ago #60030 by yankeedawg1
From Athens =Good Friday & Easter was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Time to tidy up some loose ends

First wishing all a very Happy Easter – Praise and give thanks

One week later –Bubba Golf Rules –May this year provide many highs for him and his family=DGD

Thanks to the record setting crowd of 46k who came out for G-Day

Big winner –NE Ga Food Bank-well done Nation!!

Any question after this spring about CJP being the real deal

It took us 4 years before we truly understood the value of AM

Less than a season for TG & KM

Me it is one spring- CJP given the opportunity he will have the best “D” in the SEC. Sooner rather than later. There will be visible improvement when we play Clumpsum
And……. With each passing game-a very good thing

Unlike Towel Toddy not a drop of snake oil or ME Speak

Speaking of AM-no surprise his pro day went well. AM puts the hard work in and it showed-again. He will find his place in the NFL

As been noted there has been player behavioral issues showing up in places other than Athens

It is what it is, a sign of the times sadly

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and holiday Safe week to all

As always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, wlayton, Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 1 week ago #60031 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens =Good Friday & Easter
There has been some change in Athens. Going to be a long summer. Board will come close to shutting down, but will pick up in the Fall.

One little addition here. Have never heard our head coach end the Spring practice with words like this. I call it the Jeremy Pruitt influence. It was needed. Pruitt knows that he has football players on his side of the ball.

www.georgiadogs.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/041714aaa.html

More
10 years 6 days ago - 10 years 6 days ago #60033 by Buc
yankeedawg1 pulled this from your post above.

Any question after this spring about CJP being the real deal

Then I read this article and realize again how much Pruitt means to UGA football. Never would this have happened before Pruitt's arrival, that includes more coaches than grantham. Been going on for years.

The paragraph below is what Jordan's Dad had to say in the article. Also like the fact that Jordan's Dad is involved with his son.

“You tell me?” his father said. “If you know teenagers, they change their mind like the weather. All I can tell you is that every school that Jordan has visited, he has wanted to commit to. It’s good that he has parents.”

Amen, Papa Colbert.

recruiting.blog.ajc.com/2014/04/17/uga-o...h-school-powerhouse/

More
10 years 6 days ago #60035 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic From Athens =Good Friday & Easter
Thanks yd1.....this Friday and weekend is what life is all about. The Dawgs are great but some things are simply greater. That said, looking forward with expectations but not with the rose colored glasses this time around. I, too, have good feelings about Pruitt but many similar things were said about CTG in his first year or so.....Certainly appears to be a significant difference in the two though. Excited but reserved.

Life is about this weekend.....watched The Passion with the family again last night and cried for the whole last half of the movie.

Happy Easter everyone.....rememberance daily.....we are blessed. :)

PVBDAWG

More
10 years 6 days ago #60036 by Buc
Pulled this statement from your thread yd1. Had me thinking a bit.

Speaking of AM-no surprise his pro day went well. AM puts the hard work in and it showed-again. He will find his place in the NFL

Below is a comment that I picked up from the Atlanta Falcons Board on AM. Some of the posts there are a bit confusing. Thought this particualr post pretty much hit the nail on the head.

he was pretty dayum clutch in the SEC Championship game - Bobo/Richt screwed up clock mgmt. at the end of that game.

he was pretty dayum clutch in the LSU game last year where Georgia had to score every time to beat LSU.

he was pretty dayum clutch leading Georgia back from getting blown out against Auburn and made the play that SHOULD HAVE beaten Auburn and kept them out of SEC Championship and National Championship game.

Sounds about right to me. :)

More
10 years 6 days ago #60037 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens =Good Friday & Easter
Good raining Friday to everybody.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More