Forum

A Different Approach

10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #59835 by Buc
A Different Approach was created by Buc
Might it be that someone is listening and beginning to understand what it takes in the recruiting business?

There is of course no guarantee that we will end up with MJ Webb, however putting forth more effort in recruiting has to pay off. Notice MJ said that he was a FSU fan prior to this. Winning programs and coaches have a way of winning football games through aggressive recruiting.

Glad that Will Friend is involved big time with this recruit, and I suspect several others.

Seems a lot of things have changed with the new coaching hires, both on and off the field. Never hurts to inject new thoughts into a process that has appeared to be off track for a while.

Thoughts?

recruiting.blog.ajc.com/2014/04/05/uga-f...igh-school-freshmen/
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 2 weeks ago #59837 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic A Different Approach
Stale out of date product time to clean the shelves and restock

Me thinks there is a lot of that taking place with both coaches and players in Athens

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #59838 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic A Different Approach
yd1, one of the things that I like best about this recent change over in the coaching staff is the "real" possibility of even more top notch recruiters. Much of that in my opinion has fallen at the feet of "too few" over the recent past.

Can't remember when, if ever there has been this much going on throughout the entire team. Several new coaches, paying attention to Special Teams, energized recruiting, job openings for players that earn the spot. No teachers pets this time around.

Also like the fact that the new group has taken a firmer stand against the media crawling all over the players and writing whatever fits their columns to get the hits. There are in my opinon three or four folks that are very good with interviews and don't take what they get to the trash pile. Then there are the "Pouty" others.

Hard for me to believe that this 2014 team does not have the talent to cause sleepless nights for opposing coaches. On offense and defense, we have players that can be described as "game changers". We hear a lot about Todd Gurley, it is well deserved. One that I am looking forward to this season is Leonard Floyd. Floyd is NFL bound whenever he moves in that direction. He is all that. There are many others, no reason for UGA not to be in contention in every game we play.

Come Fall, there should not be any animosity on the team, meaning from lack of a fair chance to play. That happened too often, appears there was a change when Jeremy Pruitt moved to Athens. He is real, cares about his PLAYERS and FOOTBALL, not HIMSELF. Feel sure I don't have to go into detail about the last statement.

Spring Game will be fun, but nothing will be given away to folks that we will face in 2014. Expect to see everyone that is not in a Green Jersey to play.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl, Dawg With Style

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 2 weeks ago #59839 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic A Different Approach
I like the fact that Georgia is finally offering more recruits and Pruitt is going after everybody.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 2 weeks ago #59840 by Buc

Dawg With Style wrote: I like the fact that Georgia is finally offering more recruits and Pruitt is going after everybody.

It is beginning to appear that we are in the stage of "no holds barred" DWS. I truthfully believe that someone that puts football ahead of the money is involved with UGA football. Not saying that Pruitt is anti-money, just think he is pro football. Erk would have taken the head coaching job at UGA without a raise. I believe that.

Not a snowballs chance in hell that Pruitt will fail. He has done what every person does when they try and right the ship . . . . get everyones attention . . . . he has done that, and that does not mean the players alone.

University of Georgia football needed a good bath . . . . it is getting one.

Damn right I like Tracy Rocker, he will change how football is played in Athens on the defensive line, like no other that I can remember. I said that, and believe that. Rocker was a super get. Lots of defensive players will come on board now that Tracy wears the Red and Black. Another one of the "new found recruiters" that I referred to earlier. Rocker will make it tougher for other universities to come in and walk away with Georgia High School Talent.

Remember this, coming from someone that is close to Florida High School Football . . . . Our Recruiting Coordinator has really established himself down this way. McClendon gets a lot of calls on players that he should take a look at. Players like Sony Michel, and . . . . DE Keyon Brown 6-2, 240 lbs. (Wauchula, FL - Hardee Senior HS) Committed to UGA on 9/26/13. One of he top defensive ends in the country. Ranked as a 4-star player and #5 DE in the nation by Rivals. Ranked as a 4-star player and the #18 DT in the nation by Scout. Chose the Dawgs over Florida State, Miami-FL, Clemson, Ole Miss and many others. McClendon recruited against Pruitt for the services of Keyon Brown. Hell yes, we have turned the page. Some again need to stay out of the way.

Trent Thompson in my opinion is a "lock" for UGA. I also believe he will be the first of many top rated defensive linemen that will play between the Hedges, year after year. Rocker will keep this young pup in tow and continue to bring in top talent.

Below is a link to an earlier article, early March that lists some that I believe will also land in Athens and have great college careers.

www.saturdaydownsouth.com/recruiting/top...015-targets-georgia/
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 2 weeks ago #59841 by Buc

yankeedawg1 wrote: Stale out of date product time to clean the shelves and restock

Me thinks there is a lot of that taking place with both coaches and players in Athens

Truth.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds