Forum

FINALLY . . . .

10 years 1 week ago #59857 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic FINALLY . . . .

yankeedawg1 wrote: Bump........ least we forget Jenkins. As you correctly pointed out our LB's being

Moved up closer to the line. It Will bring bulldog chaos to our opponents book it

Great part of this new defense is not knowing who will be coming when. grantham had some coach speak on that subject, just did not have the total package.

Cutting down on rushing yardage will open up the sack potential of Jenkins and many others.

Appears there will be no free lunches this time around yd1.

See a lot of what I saw in Ogletree in #84. He will grow to great heights under this group of coaches. I believe that. Floyd apparently brings his lunch pail to work EVERYDAY.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 1 week ago #59858 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic FINALLY . . . .
I would agree that #84 brings his lunch bucket and hard hat every practice

Taking it a step further. This is a team of blue collar workers

Even the stars go about their work without any big head actions

I think we will enjoy the work ethics that they follow and the coaches lead

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
10 years 1 week ago #59859 by Buc

yankeedawg1 wrote: I would agree that #84 brings his lunch bucket and hard hat every practice

Taking it a step further. This is a team of blue collar workers

Even the stars go about their work without any big head actions

I think we will enjoy the work ethics that they follow and the coaches lead

Go Dawgs

I find it amazing that with the first hire, Jeremy Pruitt, so much has changed in such a short time. The improvements that I have seen or read about point to what we have often discussed on this board.

This board actually is not surprising, this board UNDERSTANDS much. Sometimes all of us slip, but when we get down to the nitty gritty, much is understood by those of us that are not in the arena.

Took an outside hire (Jeremy Pruitt) to get the attention of the person that suggested you and I don't understand the happenings inside the area.

I appreciate, but I also chuckle at the changes we are seeing. Special Teams, yada yada yada.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 1 week ago #59860 by Buc
Kimberley Nash, "The Lady Sportswriter" offered the following.

Any doubts about our discussions on what was "not" happening the past several years. Sorry, leadership starts or should start at the top.

Remember this . . . . this is not Buc saying this solely, check how many players are "laying out the truth".

theladysportswriter.com/georgia-football...around-under-pruitt/

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 1 week ago #59861 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic FINALLY . . . .
This group of LB's could be one of the best in recent times at UGA. We have skill, depth and now most of all COACHING.

I have like what I have seen from Pruitt and his team of coaches. The moving up of our LB's will only help the DL but will have to rely on our DB's to play a little more man and bump the wideouts at the line. So far so good

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

More
10 years 1 week ago #59862 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic FINALLY . . . .
the mindset of last years’s staff was one of complacency.

Took this from her article. I think that mindset travels farther up the ladder. Starting at mahogany row, then Mac came on board and realized that 10 wins was good enough to keep the happy and he got complacent. 13 year coach very complacent. Love the sound of this years team and how they are taking charge.

More
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds