Forum

Top 5 Active College Football Coaches Wins/Year

10 years 3 weeks ago - 10 years 3 weeks ago #59674 by Buc
Hutson Mason, leader of the offense saying this . . . . Coaching a certain way does seem to matter. Jeremy Pruitt is all about "football business".

Mason says there is more effort on both sides of the ball. Young football players need leaders, both players and coaches.

dogbytesonline.com/quick-hits-mason-cred...rgy-to-pruitt-82715/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #59675 by Wartdawg

averagedawg wrote: What have you done for me lately?

Well let's see...

Since 2008 that average win total has dropped to 8.8, and that is bolstered by two double digit win seasons that occurred when we had about the weakest schedule possible for an SEC team.

These seasons have also included bowl losses in 3 of the past 4 years, and several other losses that were just flat out embarrassing. The team has been marred by disciplinary issues on and off the field, and has repeatedly looked unprepared and un-coached.

Despite a handful of inspired performances where individual player talent took over, they have generally disappointed time and time again. They have also had several glaring deficiencies that seem to get worse year after year despite a recognition of the problems and a solemn vow to address and correct them.

Even looking back at 2008 and before when a majority of the wins that account for the high overall average, we see a team that often underachieved and took falling one rung short to a new art form. Even 11 or 12 win seasons can disappoint when you know you had the best
in the nation based on talent, but you just found some way every year to go out and unexplainably spit the bit.

That should answer the question, although I know it was asked in a rhetorical manner, lol

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc, averagedawg

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #59681 by ogredawg
But just 2 years ago it was 12-2 and 5 yards away and all was good according to most on this board. Even after Alabama ran all over our collective asses in the SEC championship game the excuse was just 5 yards away, after it was said No More Excuses. Follow up to a miserable season just one year ago and what will be the excuse this year (Probably coaching changes?). Just asking...

thecountrynation.com

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #59683 by Wartdawg
We know..

It's not like anyone is exactly denying that, nor are they saying all of our problems have been fixed and there wont still be issues.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #59684 by Buc
ogredawg, your question and statement started me mulling this over yesterday.

From time to time that same point is brought up in different conversations. The point . . . . 5 yards.

What I saw take place in the game was not the 5 yards, it was leadership. I know that I mention that a lot on this board, but the truth is, we did not have solid leadership from our coaching staff.

Nick Saban had a "little chat" with his offensive side of the ball at halftime. Saban knew that the UGA defense was basically worn out. That "depth" thingy keeps coming back to haunt our football team. That is a lack of leadership, from top to bottom.

When I look at AM, see nothing but leadership. Also saw AM on the -5 yard drive going down the field looking and waving at the sideline for leadership.

As for the upcoming season, some have said it here . . . . who is going to lead? There is not a single quarterback on the roster that understands or comes close to AM's leadership.

One noticeable change so far has been the change on defense. Without using the word "depth" that appears to be the plan being implemented on the defense. Hard for me to believe that we don't have at least 22 young men that can play defense at all positions. Usually the difference in one player from the next is simple, catching the coaches eye in practice.

When Alabama came out after halftime, they had been led/instructed by Nick Saban and his coaches. Going to run the ball down their throats. Did just that. Their offensive line beat the living hell out of grantham's chosen few. I said that.

We have much talent in Athens, not sure how we replace our leader (AM). Easily said, hard to do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, yankeedawg1

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #59687 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Top 5 Active College Football Coaches Wins/Year
Wart. Spot on. We replaced a DC and staff Early thinking is we will see improvement

Yes still needs to be seen on the field

We addressed one of many issues that have been discussed here

I view with guarded optimism as progress. And IMHO will have carryover positive effects

To other areas of our football team. We have questioned if we can win and improve

In spite of our current HC. We have asked that he stays out of the way and let the

Coaches do their thing. Early but so far so good

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
Time to create page: 0.037 seconds