The following user(s) said Thank You: dawgs_fans_dad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 2 weeks ago #59685 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic NLRB RULES
Just saw this interview...
NCAA pres Emmert says on CBS to keep focus on students as athletes. If the athletes change from students to employees it changes everything. He thinks society needs to re-balance the focus on athletics in college. The education they get there is more valuable than getting paid. In other words, he is against athletes as employees. He believes college sports is part of the educational process at educational institutions.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

10 years 2 weeks ago #59686 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic NLRB RULES
Also continues the guarantee of him receiving over 1 million dollars a year.

Worst thing that ever happened to the NCAA and College Athletics . . . . Emmert.

Handwriting is on the wall.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #59688 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic NLRB RULES
As some have said here and elsewhere, this will be in the courts for a long time.

What does Emmert have to lose by saying he will fight this? Nothing. Stays in the courts for ever how long, Emmert continues to draw that yearly wage of over 1 million dollars. Unless I miss my guess, that will increase before a decision is made down the road. Something like what continues to repeat itself in Washington, D.C.

Emmert is not paying out of pocket for this . . . . those with Jersey Numbers and other things that "employees" don't have a say in will continue to foot the bill.

I realize most here don't want to talk about anything but football, but this is football talk at the "grass roots level". I said that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 2 weeks ago #59700 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic NLRB RULES
Thanks for the welcome! I was only lurking because my browser was having some trouble with Captcha.
By the time I was able to confirm my access the bowl season was over.

Short introduction:
1) Midwestern born and raised and was a college hoops fan when we moved to Atlanta. CF was an afterthought at my alma mater, Indiana.

2) Went to the Chick-Fil-A bowl in 2004 (Gators-'Canes) and ever since, the whole family lives, eats and breathes CF starting on Labor Day and ending with Georgia's bowl game.

3) The younger son gravitated towards the 'dawgs immediately, and I get to go along for the ride.
I think it all started with their big comeback against Va Tech in the '06 Chick-Fil-A Bowl. We go to a couple of games in Athens every year, have been to every GT-UGA game EXCEPT '08 since 2007 and the last two UGA-UF games. I'm sure you've done the math on that one, we are 2-0. :lol:

Full disclosure-my boys went to Hutson Mason's high school, so there is a little bias there. But if he doesn't deliver, the boy will be calling for a replacement.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc

More
10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #59701 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic NLRB RULES
I know a few college football players who have experienced injuries playing football. Kids who didn't play at the next level.
I firmly believe their medical expenses should be covered from these injuries indefinitely.

On the other hand, football is a brutal sport. Pain is part of the game.

I have personally experienced countless injuries in my line of work.
An amputated finger, a broken talus, a broken coccyx, constant back pain and numerous other things.
I consider myself lucky, having seen friends suffer far more serious work related injuries.
Never received any thing for my injuries, other than a little caution and a stronger character.

And all that is NOTHING compared to the pain and suffering our veterans have suffered.
Go to a VA hospital and see for yourself.

My point is these athletes are getting a free education, if they apply themselves.
Stop whining, put it in perspective.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, DAWGtm

More
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds