Forum

NLRB RULES

10 years 2 weeks ago #59727 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic NLRB RULES
Oh, by the way, Auburn already pays their players.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #59728 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic NLRB RULES

averagedawg wrote: Oh, by the way, Auburn already pays their players.

Yeah, they would vote against the union. Couldn't afford the pay cut.

Full disclosure: I used that about the Kentucky basketball team in a different forum. Still works.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc, averagedawg

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #59729 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic NLRB RULES
Against paying players. Ok with stipend check. On the point of players making money, It would be hard to regulate but if a player wants to sell his personal property without having a third party involved I think it should be acceptable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #59730 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic NLRB RULES

dawgs_fans_dad wrote:

averagedawg wrote: Oh, by the way, Auburn already pays their players.

Yeah, they would vote against the union. Couldn't afford the pay cut.

Full disclosure: I used that about the Kentucky basketball team in a different forum. Still works.

Still LMAO. Sad, but it is the truth.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 2 weeks ago #59731 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic NLRB RULES

DAWGtm wrote: Against paying players. Ok with stipend check. On the point of players making money, It would be hard to regulate but if a player wants to sell his personal property without having a third party involved I think it should be acceptable.

DAWGtm, think you are on the right path, if there is a right path. Agree with you and also agree with averagedawg on the injury issue.

Anyone that infringes on Disney rights, or NFL rights, quickest way in the world to land in a lawsuit. So I understand the complexity of "students or employees". Takes me back to the number 8 jersey and the consequences that UGA received from our coaching staff and the NCAA. Poorly handled by both UGA and NCAA.

Many bad things were going on at the "U" and have been for a long time. They (the U) stood up to the NCAA and who would have guessed that Emmert would back down? He did just that, for one reason, he was within an inch of being removed from his million dollar a year job. Emmert is still licking his wounds. Emmert and the NCAA are on borrowed time. They will make the most of the time left without hurting the size of their pockets.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 2 weeks ago #59737 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic NLRB RULES
Let them get paid for personal appearances, autograph sessions etc., plus a monthly paycheck for the 5 years that they are eligible. We were at least up until the election of 2008 a capitalistic society. Will just bring that booster money out in the open that they are getting now.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, averagedawg, BullDawg2010

More
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds