Forum

So what is it going to be

10 years 3 weeks ago #59582 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic So what is it going to be
Shoot, get your inner tube and go down the Itchetucknee river (spring fed also and COLLLDDD). That is a blast. We use to do it 40 years ago when I was in college and it hadn't become a state park yet. We got huge inner tubes and flasks of bourbon (only for warmth of course)and gently floated down the river. Our wives/girl friends were waiting on an embankment near the end to signal us where to get off so we didn't end up in the Suwannee River, never to be seen again (alligators were quite large). :ohmy: :woohoo:

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #59584 by growl
Replied by growl on topic So what is it going to be
I hear you guys and it's been a blast the last few days, don't think I'll be floating this time, but used to get in the Withlacoochee at Chassahowitzka on tubes and float and fish for bait to use when we went out for the Trout in the flats later on. Man do I miss those days 35 or 40 years ago, when we could catch enough to sell at the dock to fund a couple of days stay at the cabin and have enough for supper too. I would'nt be able to get up the courage to get in the water with the Gators now much less concentrate on the fishing.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, wlayton

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds