Forum

Rail Road Tracks

10 years 1 month ago #59137 by scooby
Rail Road Tracks was created by scooby
Anybody here ever watched a game from the tracks back in the day? Anybody ever been to a game when you could see the tracks? Anybody know what Im talking about? :huh:

The last time I was in Sanford Stadium I could see the tracks. Wish I would have mosied up there instead of going to my seat...
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• scooby
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 1 month ago #59138 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Rail Road Tracks
I remember a few years ago Buc was telling a story about when he watched them lay those tracks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
10 years 1 month ago #59139 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Rail Road Tracks
I did not get to watch from the tracks but they were a major part of the game before they blocked them off. The train had been known to stop there occasionally so they could watch (freight trains).
There was a group that had a name that watched from the tracks but memories are scarce in that category. Anyone remember any details?

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

10 years 1 month ago #59140 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Rail Road Tracks
I never watched from the tracks, but I was at plenty of games when people still did.

I miss those tracks. The tracks to me were almost like the hedges. As famous as our hedges are, other schools have them as well... I don't remember anybody else with railroad tracks.

"Progress" took that away.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, scooby

More
10 years 1 month ago #59148 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Rail Road Tracks
Saw them when we went up to games as a kid. I remember thinking, man, is that cool or what?.....also thought, geez, they didn't have enough money to get into the stadium (just a kid's thoughts).

Like Wart said, nobody else in CF had that, an awesome thing, a tradition that was replaced by more revenues.

PVBDAWG

More
10 years 1 month ago #59167 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Rail Road Tracks
We had the tracks, but they are now gone....

We also have "The Arch"

uga.edu/profile/arch/

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds