Forum

JHC Gone

10 years 2 months ago #58909 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic JHC Gone

wlayton wrote: I would venture to say that everybody goes after any kid with a 5 star rating, mainly because they basically do the same for a 4 star rated kid. So a 5 star recruit is a "no-brainer" to go after.

I just want to see the results.

What results does school A get from the 5 star guys they actually sign vs what does school B get from the ones they sign.

I understand everyone goes after the 5 star guys, but who makes the most of them when they get them and who doesn't.

Again... the results may be fairly equal between universities, but it would be interesting to see if that's true or if
some schools have a much better record with them compared to someone else.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #58912 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic JHC Gone

Wartdawg wrote:

wlayton wrote: I would venture to say that everybody goes after any kid with a 5 star rating, mainly because they basically do the same for a 4 star rated kid. So a 5 star recruit is a "no-brainer" to go after.

I just want to see the results.

What results does school A get from the 5 star guys they actually sign vs what does school B get from the ones they sign.

I understand everyone goes after the 5 star guys, but who makes the most of them when they get them and who doesn't.

Again... the results may be fairly equal between universities, but it would be interesting to see if that's true or if
some schools have a much better record with them compared to someone else.

WD, that would be extremely interesting. Guess just see if they were starters on offense or D for a minimum of 2 years (if good they would have left after 3rd year anyway). That way it discounts benching, ST's and kicked off the team.

OR......maybe see what 5 star recruits ended up being drafted in the NFL and what schools they played for....

PVBDAWG

More
10 years 2 months ago #58913 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic JHC Gone
Hard to pass up some talent, even when you got a feeling there might be issues.
I think the important thing is unequivocally setting clear expectations and team rules.
But there will always be the Auburns and Nick Marshalls of the world.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc, DAWGtm, growl

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #58914 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic JHC Gone
averagedawg, I am probably in the minority with this one, won't be the first or last time.

JHC gone could be the best thing that could have happened to UGA football. There has to be an understanding and willingness to play by the rules. He understood, he refused to play by the rules.

Opens up the game for Pruitt in my way of thinking. And yes I believe JHC is gone because of Pruitt being in Athens. Pruitt does not have to bog himself or his staff down with what couda, shouda, wouda been when he opens Spring practice.

Personally, think this is a blessing. Anyone that believes that JHC can't be replaced, you are welcome to your thoughts.

Believe that this is coming down the way that Pruitt wants it to happen. Plus, not a minus from where I sit. Media, need material like this. Notice how they want all of us to click on their sites with agreement or disagreement. The world that they live in requires the clicks.

Probably not more than three or four young men in Athens now, and headed that way with the talent to make JHC a thing of the past.

Loving it Jeremy Pruitt.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, averagedawg, DAWGtm

More
10 years 2 months ago #58915 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic JHC Gone
The problem's with the JHC types start way before college. They have a God giving talent without having the sense to use it. They grew up receiving entitlements and praises for their skills without being taught humility. Personally if I had acted as him my dad would have jerked a knot in my butt and brought me down to reality instead of down playing it like it's no big deal. Hate to lose the talent but glad he is gone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc, averagedawg, growl

• DAWGtm
  • DAWGtm's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
10 years 2 months ago #58916 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic JHC Gone
One problem that I do have, understand it but don't accept it . . . . couple of players in Athens standing with JHC. To me that is a carry over used on the streets. Sometimes when a highly rated player is passed by others not rated as highly, tend to use the "inside speak". Don't need butt kissing, need for some to realize that life is short, make the most of what is presented.

JHC will be playing football somewhere. It won't be an IC case, he will latch on with another chance for one reason, called winning at all costs. Many universities in the SEC have rules that are not as harsh as UGA's. JHC is habitual. I said that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds