Forum

One game at a time: Ole Miss

11 years 4 months ago #50180 by UGAChemDawg
One game at a time: Ole Miss was created by UGAChemDawg
I'm going to pretend that Lane Kiffin isn't our new best friend for the next month or so, and that I have not entertained thoughts of the Trojans knocking off Oregon and Notre Dame.

We have two SEC games left.

The one coming up is against a 5-3 team that could easily be 6-2, and whose 3 losses have come at the hands of Texas (#14 at time of game), Alabama (#1) and Texas A&M (#16).

We are by no means a lock to win this game. As a matter of fact, if the same Georgia that looked ahead to Florida while playing Kentucky shows up and looks ahead to either Alabama school while playing Ole Miss, we are going to lose.

Time to focus on the task at hand Dawgs! Lots of football left this season. Go Dawgs! Beat Ole Miss!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• UGAChemDawg
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #50181 by gillette
Replied by gillette on topic Re: One game at a time: Ole Miss
Didn't want to start a new post so here I go...

SW said what needed to be said. IMO some needed to have their feelings hurt. Someone had to take the leadership role because our HC refueses to take the leadreship role. That’s life and it happens every day to most of us. The rest of us have to hurt someone’s feelings. But you know what? That’s life and that’s how things get done successfully. That’s how battles are won. That’s how engineering challenges are met. You name it. WWI, WWII, Vietnam, Desert Storm, Afghanistan, Iraq, Hover dam, San Francisco Bridge, the man on the moon and the Twin Towers. The list can go on and on. From the leaders to the followers, if it’s been fought, if it’s been built, someone’s feeling got hurt along the way. Not to mention lives lost.

So now I say to Coach Mark Richt, a young fellow just taught you a valuable lesson. A lesson YOU as a head coach should be teaching your young men. They should fear you and your staff.

My question to you is will you learn from this and turn this program around and start kicking ass and taking names? If not, please pack your things (I actually had a better word for ‘things’) and go somewhere you’ll have a better impact on youngsters that really need to be pampered and cuddled.

Thank you SW and thank you defense for a win when it mattered most. Gurley? You’re the man too. Keep up the good work. I’m sure there are others that need an “Atta Boy” and i don't have time for all that crap. The other’s, you all suck, get your ass in gear and finish this drill.

OK. I feel better now!

More
11 years 4 months ago #50210 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: One game at a time: Ole Miss
When we can dial up game replays like the link below, shows the many possibilities that UGA has.

Wins like this encourage young men to attend Georgia. Alabama, LSU and Florida have been doing this in the recent past, big program wins. I hope . . . . hope that this weekend between the Hedges we see the same spirit that was exhibited in JAX.

Beginning to think that we are going to see just how well our defense is prepared for the "unknown". Freeze making mention of needing to score a lot of points, tells me he is going to try and make our defense suck it up or . . . .

I am curious how Grantham and company will defend against this fast pace. This ain't the pros, this is college football.

Ole Miss has nothing to lose, and Ole Miss was not intimidated by Alabama. Just beaten by a better team, number one in the nation, again.

Richt said yesterday (Tuesday) that he was not overly excited about our practice. Not going to put too much thought into that comment. That was definitely coach speak for public consumption.

www.georgiadogs.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/103112aaa.html

More
11 years 4 months ago #50212 by gillette
Replied by gillette on topic Re: One game at a time: Ole Miss
I think a lot of what’s said in the following post (which I'm sure everyone has read) about Nick Saban, describes the difference between CMR and CNS without even mentioning CMR.

I know this forum isn't about CNS. But, this article, finely, to the hair on a toad's ass, describes what UGA needs in a coach.

IMO, I think CTG has this mentality but only to be brought down by a gene pool that’s comfortable with "good enough".

CNS doesn't only expect perfection; he demands perfection from his players. Just read/listen to what his players say. From the coaching staff, to the bench warmer, to the first team, he makes himself perfectly clear that “par” is not acceptable. He sets the standard for eveyone on the team and staff.

IMHO, withstanding “weird things” due to major injuries and/or disciple problems, I feel somewhat confident that CMR will consistently win an “average” of 10 games a year. We may win 1 or 2 above or below that figure including bowl games. But it will always be one step shy of a NC.

Is there any way to stop this mentality of mediocrity from the top to the bottom?

sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/a...-bulldogs/index.html

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #50213 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: One game at a time: Ole Miss
You know gillette, I certainly don't disagree with you BUT CMR and an average of 10 wins a season isn't mediocrity by any means...... it just isn't the "standard of excellence" we all are looking for at UGA.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
11 years 4 months ago #50214 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: One game at a time: Ole Miss
gillette, one statement you make sticks in my brain and it was probably confirmed against Florida.

IMO, I think CTG has this mentality but only to be brought down by a gene pool that’s comfortable with "good enough".

Not totally sure of the series of circumstances leading up to the "pushing and shoving", however what I think I saw was Grantham basically coming to the aid of Richt and his players "again". Did see Richt rush over and push Grantham on the chest, moving him back. I understand that at this point, prior to the start of the game, someone had to try and keep a level head. Both teams were ready to do "battle" and I am not referring to football. Quite frankly, think this group of SEC officials did a hell of a job keeping this from being a donnybrook.

gillette, we often agree and I do agree with your statement above. I am trying real hard not to say too much about coaching, but something has to change in Athens, I won't be the person that handles that.

Saban is totally into what he is doing. When he left the NFL and entered the SEC, he was back where he belongs. Nick Saban is a control freak, that is not a mark against Saban, look at the results and what his recruiting list looks like EVERY YEAR.

Couple of examples . . . . Ever watch Muschamp when he was defensive coordinator at Texas? Wild man. Moving to the head coaching job in Florida, nothing has changed. Wild man. Whether or not his makeup works for him and Florida, report card is still out. Muschamp studied under Saban, so . . . .

Kirby Smart, seldom do we see Smart show the kind of emotion that Saban and Muschamp do. Did not say emotionless, have seen him high five and jump for the rafters more than once. Two men that have learned much from Nick Saban, however, two men with different ways of approaching the game of football.

Which would I prefer . . . . won't be coy here. I want what works best in Athens for the Georgia Bulldogs. Just that damn simple. First and last names don't do much for me. I like winning.

More
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds