Forum

UGA-FLA

11 years 5 months ago #49930 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: UGA-FLA
thriller picked this piece up and it shed some light for me on the Shawn Williams comments. Appears to me that Williams knows of what he speaks. Shawn Williams plays on the same side of the ball that you do Mike, maybe he is aware of those that give 100% and those that don't.

SENIOR LINEBACKER MIKE GILLIARD:

On Williams’ remarks about Amarlo Herrera being the better linebacker . . .

“As a man, I wasn’t hurt at all. I felt disrespected. And, yes, I definitely took it personally. Today in the linebackers meeting, I stood up and told them, ‘no disrespect to Amarlo and Ogletree, but when I read that I felt disrespected and I’ll definitely taking it personally. But there’s no issue between me and Shawn Williams. All it is is fuel for the fire and basically its given me motivation to go out there and give 100 percent. And that’s what I did today. You can ask any of my teammates. I was upset today at practice today any time the ball came my way I tried to knock the [expletive] out of him.”

Think that was what Shawn Williams was commenting on Mike, giving 100%. If it takes a foot up your butt to reach new heights . . . . good on Shawn Williams.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #49931 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Re: UGA-FLA
Buc, you put the emphasis in bold print where it belongs! He is using this as "motivation to give 100"?!

So he's ADMITTING that he hasn't been doing that all along. How many others fall into the same category? My BET is the entire offensive line. Think about it. Those guys are among the biggest offensive line in ALL of football, not just college. And on 3rd and 2 we're PASSING it?! You've got 2 downs to go 2 yards, and you THROW?! That's because our O-Line is as uncompetitive as our defense.

Sounds like I'm blaming the players, right? Well I'm NOT. Everyone on this forum knows who gets the discredit for that, and it's not the players - at least not SOLELY the players. Everything starts and ends at the top.

If we lose this game, my heart won't be broken. Just my "give-a-you-know-what" factor. I'll ALWAYS be a DAWG, but if, as I suspect, this team is NOT made up entirely of "DAWGS", then they will lost my interest for the rest of the season. Afterall, what's to be interested IN, if they lose this game? The Georgia Southern game? The Tech game? Abuurn? Nah. Not unless we win one that COUNTS! Lose this one, and it's "wait until next year" again. <sigh> :(

More
11 years 5 months ago #49932 by TN Dawg
Replied by TN Dawg on topic Re: UGA-FLA
So my view of the season comes to this. It is "put up or shut up" time. As posted before, beating UF goes a long way toward putting SC loss behind us and getting that awful taste out of our mouth. However, what does it really change? Don't see enough improvement over last year. Don't consider UGA a CLOSER. Team that can take care of their own business. We no longer "finish the drill". SW was right.

I hate living in past and believing we will lose to UF. It kills me. But history tells me things will not change. We win every couple of years when UF is down. No sustainable success. Since 2001 we are 3 - 8, being outscored 293 - 215. It gets worse if you go back to 1990. 3 - 18 and outscored whopping 685 - 380.

There are two games each year we MUST win - UF and GT. I will be in Jax pulling for Dawgs (like always) to somehow beat the gators. If UGA does surprise me with a win it will be a mixed blessing. Victory over gators is always good, but not at sake of maintaining status quo.

Go Dawgs. GATA!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
11 years 5 months ago #49933 by Buc
thriller you are again on target. What I gathered from your post definitely fits into my way of thinking, or my thoughts are in line with yours.

Every year for too many years we have been on the same path. Richt is already talking trash about going back to school and learning how to instruct the kicking game. That in my opinion is on a grade level somewhere around freshman. What the hell has Richt thinking stupid things like this. He is simply laying the ground work for what is known as CYA. We know what that covers . . . . his.

The only thing that will turn this program around is bringing someone in that will clean house and build from a strong base of convictions.

When Mark Richt was hired, it was for many of the reasons that we are now suggesting he be removed. Mark Richt fell into the same trap. Got too comfortable with himself and now he is trying to make believe it is others, not himself as head coach that cause the problems. Loves to talk about film study, that is fine, but I would think at this point he has seen enough film to be able to assess most situations.

Now we play an opponent that not only is in the top 25, they are in the top ten, resting somewhere around number two. Question is, how did Florida rise so quickly to that lofty position? I heard Mark Richt make another excuse as to why . . . . he seems to think that a new coach rises quickly from the first year to the second. Richt could not bring himself to say that he has been passed by another coaching change in the SEC.

Players know what they can and can't get away with. These guys do not come from the church choir, most are street tough, or think that they are. Witnessing Bobby Bowden of FSU all over again. Mark Richt lost the players and the football supporters some time back, sad thing is, he feels he has at least four more years as the head coach. That truly would be sad.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, bulldawg36869

More
11 years 5 months ago #49935 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: UGA-FLA
Everybody on the planet has said, "what is going on with UGA". Media, football experts and fans have all asked that question, especially our D with all but one returning from a top D in the country last year. We're all on the same page with the coaching staff etc but there just seems to be even more than that. In my mind it is becoming more evident.....

Dissention......there's a "cancer" in the locker room and the team is near implosion.

PVBDAWG

More
11 years 5 months ago #49936 by Buc

wlayton wrote: Everybody on the planet has said, "what is going on with UGA". Media, football experts and fans have all asked that question, especially our D with all but one returning from a top D in the country last year. We're all on the same page with the coaching staff etc but there just seems to be even more than that. In my mind it is becoming more evident.....

Dissention......there's a "cancer" in the locker room and the team is near implosion.

Dissention is a hard feeling to hide wlayton, and you are right . . . there is more to this than meets the eye. Appears we have "another coverup" raising its ugly head. Hate coverups, witnessed too many coming from the White House. When any teams "first teamers" start asking the difficult questions and being direct . . . there is more than smoke. Williams was not talking about one game or one person. Mike Gilliard apparently got his feelings hurt, if that is the case, good on Williams calling him out.

Grantham noticeably quiet on this matter, Richt not saying a lot more. This is not the attitude that we should be taking into JAX. One of the defensive leaders stepped up and as far as I am concerned, he hit a nerve with MG, which makes me appreciate Shawn Williams even more. Will be interesting to see who starts at linebacker alongside Ogletree. My vote goes to Amarlo Herrera, physical player and that is needed on Saturday. Amarlo Herrera is a bad dude.

More
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds