Forum
Dawgs.com
Remember me
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lattimore out for South Carolina-Florida game

Lattimore out for South Carolina-Florida game 1 year 11 months ago #1

Marcus Lattimore will not start for South Carolina in their game with Florida tomorrow.

espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/...h-carolina-gamecocks

This probably means he won't be available at all.

This changes things. Originally, I thought that the Gamecocks were the clear number two team in the SEC behind Bama and that there was no way the Gators would beat them. I now believe Florida is the favorite in this game in Gainesville with Lattimore gone.

It looks like the road to the SEC east title will run through Jacksonville again this year. A game that most people thought would be inconsequential by this point is shaping up to be one of the most important in the history of the rivalry.

Really, we can't lose. If Florida beats us, it will only hasten the current regeme's demise. Richt and company would have been given a second chance and squandered it again on the big stage. If we win, it's a win over Florida and everything that was on the table before the loss to South Carolina is back on the table again.
  • UGAChemDawg
  • Sage Dawg
  • Thank you received: 20
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lattimore out for South Carolina-Florida game 1 year 11 months ago #2

Everything will be back on the table again because another team lost.... twice.

Not really very inspiring
  • Wartdawg
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Junkyard Dawg
  • Thank you received: 834
NO EXCUSES - Last SEC championship 2005

Re: Lattimore out for South Carolina-Florida game 1 year 11 months ago #3

UGAChemDawg, a damn good post. I look at your post from a "let's get real" perspective. Most of us know that we have talent, never been an issue. Most of us realize that a change needs to be made. Not in my bloodline to pull for the gators, will pass this piece of information along. Florida is getting several top line players back for the Carolina game. They will get some playing time this week getting ready for JAX.

Don't mean to say that I don't want to beat the gators, just think it would have to be a "perfect storm" as described by our coach(?) to accomplish this feat. UGA football players are on campus, have been year after year . . . . seems there is a missing link.
  • Buc
  • Senior Dawg
  • Thank you received: 2498

Re: Lattimore out for South Carolina-Florida game 1 year 11 months ago #4

Buc wrote:
UGAChemDawg, a damn good post. I look at your post from a "let's get real" perspective. Most of us know that we have talent, never been an issue. Most of us realize that a change needs to be made. Not in my bloodline to pull for the gators, will pass this piece of information along. Florida is getting several top line players back for the Carolina game. They will get some playing time this week getting ready for JAX.

Don't mean to say that I don't want to beat the gators, just think it would have to be a "perfect storm" as described by our coach(?) to accomplish this feat. UGA football players are on campus, have been year after year . . . . seems there is a missing link.

After today's events, I no longer believe we can win in Jacksonville. Hopefully the end is near. I would like for the current crew to be gone before the playoff format begins. It's going to be a new era in division one football and we need a new leader to navigate the terrain in this brave new world.
  • UGAChemDawg
  • Sage Dawg
  • Thank you received: 20

Re: Lattimore out for South Carolina-Florida game 1 year 11 months ago #5

I don't think you have to worry about us backing in to the SEC title game, after we lose to KY, we will be a 2 loss team as well. On top of that, UF will destroy us more that USC. We are not a team, we have not played like a team in years, I said after the Bufflo game, this is a weak team with no desire to win.
  • duck
  • Sage Dawg
  • Thank you received: 82

Re: Lattimore out for South Carolina-Florida game 1 year 11 months ago #6

UGAChemDawg wrote:
Buc wrote:

After today's events, I no longer believe we can win in Jacksonville. Hopefully the end is near. I would like for the current crew to be gone before the playoff format begins. It's going to be a new era in division one football and we need a new leader to navigate the terrain in this brave new world.

Yep . . . .
  • Buc
  • Senior Dawg
  • Thank you received: 2498

Lattimore out for South Carolina-Florida game 1 year 11 months ago #7

Seemed just as good a place as any to mention the injury to MLattimore Saturday.

That was horrible and as much as we hate the way he runs all over UGA... hopefully we all also hate to see that happen to him. From what I heard.. broken femur... broken patella,
4 torn knee ligaments. ACL, MCL, PCL, and LCL I think.
  • Wartdawg
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Junkyard Dawg
  • Thank you received: 834
NO EXCUSES - Last SEC championship 2005

Re: Lattimore out for South Carolina-Florida game 1 year 11 months ago #8

Wartdawg wrote:
Seemed just as good a place as any to mention the injury to MLattimore Saturday.

That was horrible and as much as we hate the way he runs all over UGA... hopefully we all also hate to see that happen to him. From what I heard.. broken femur... broken patella,
4 torn knee ligaments. ACL, MCL, PCL, and LCL I think.

Agreed. As much as I dislike just about everything assoc with the lamecocks,terrible accident to Latimore. From my short time in Columbia everything you have been hearing about how ML is a stright-up good kid they have known for 2yrs. Probably career ending and that is bad.
  • TN Dawg
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Junkyard Dawg
  • Thank you received: 300
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.041 seconds