Forum

Page Two . . . "Party Line"

11 years 5 months ago #49791 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Page Two . . . "Party Line"
Had not seen that wlayton. Would be a huge loss to South Carolina. (What an under statement) If he is bruised going into the game, there is not a doubt in my mind that he will get hit tomorrow. This is a better than average defense, as you know, loaded with speed.

Going to be interesting to see whether or not Pease and his offense can neutralize the rush. Jeff Driskel is 6'4" 235 pounds and is beginning to become what he was pictured to be coming out of high school. Mike Gillislee is a very good running back, being backed up by Mack Brown and we know what he did in high school in Georgia.

Think what we will see in this game is the difference in offensive coaching. Brent Pease scares the heck out of me thinking ahead to JAX. He will do what Mike Bobo failed to do against South Carolina, and Mike Bobo has since said he made a huge mistake.

Have had several people ask me who I am pulling for in the USCe/UF game tomorrow. Have to say here what I have said to some folks . . . . hope the best team wins, not looking to back into anything is the answer I give when asked about backing into the game in Atlanta. We had our chance and now we see and hear the same "stuff" we have listened to for too many seasons.

If forced to wager, would pick Florida. Carolina coming off a loss, and as you mention they have bruises, not a good time for Carolina to be playing in the Swamp. Swamp will be nuts tomorrow, huge game for a lot of reasons.

If Spurrier comes out ahead in this game, folks in Florida will feel the same way we do after the loss to Carolina.

Again, I am very interested in watching Brent Pease and his game plan. See how well this "new coach" does against serious competition.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 5 months ago #49793 by Buc
TampaDawg, I have been chirping a lot this week, can't help it, feel like I have lost someone very close to me. Just feel "empty" and don't really see a lot of sunshine coming into my life with the way our program is being abused by some that "don't seem to understand".

Really tired of excuses, not the first time and it won't be the last time with Mark Richt at the helm. He needs to take his easy going, lackluster backside somewhere else. I voiced my opinion a lot at the beginning of this season, saying that I thought I was seeing a different Mark Richt. Found out it was nothing more than smoke and mirrors.

Consider this TampaDawg . . . . Mike Bobo apologizes for his play calling against Carolina. Did Mark Richt not see what was going on until the fourth quarter and he huddles up with the players. He is the damn head coach and he let his hand picked disciple call a game like he did. Last time I looked, Mark Richt had head phones on . . . . did he lose his voice, or is he just willing to allow that crap, much like he did with Willie Martinez. Could be that Mike Bobo was calling the game the way he was taught by Mark Richt. Just a thought. This program needs a leader, not sure we will see that happen for some time to come. Truly makes me sick, I so look forward to Saturday and UGA football, Mark Richt has taken that away from me.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 5 months ago #49795 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Page Two . . . "Party Line"
Buc, truthfully, it wouldn't have mattered if Bobo had run the ball more, our OL couldn't block them and still can't. Bobo didn't make a mistake....he made an excuse!

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

More
11 years 5 months ago #49798 by Buc

wlayton wrote: Buc, truthfully, it wouldn't have mattered if Bobo had run the ball more, our OL couldn't block them and still can't. Bobo didn't make a mistake....he made an excuse!

Guess that is the problem with the folks running the program in Athens . . . . excuses. For some reason they seem to think that none of us "bloggers" understand any portion of how football is played. They could be wrong wlayton.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 5 months ago #49799 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Re: Page Two . . . "Party Line"

wlayton wrote: Buc, truthfully, it wouldn't have mattered if Bobo had run the ball more, our OL couldn't block them and still can't. Bobo didn't make a mistake....he made an excuse!

Right on wlayton on the excuse sad very sad. But I believe if we would have went more to a run type blocking scheme 2 TE or even bringing in Beard to fill one of the 2 TE spots we may have been able to wear them down somewhat with the stable of RB's we have. I mean try ANYTHING other than giving up like we did.

It is sad for me because around this time on Friday I am usually getting stoked up about the game, and I always wear some sort of Dawg shirt to work. Did not do that today just not in the mood. Of course there are quite a few wearing LSU and Alabama shirts and ONE gaytor wearer and of course a few with thier most recent NC shirts........sigh......

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
11 years 5 months ago #49803 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Re: Page Two . . . "Party Line"

Buc wrote: Truly makes me sick, I so look forward to Saturday and UGA football, Mark Richt has taken that away from me.

Yep Buc... yep indeed.

The way we got spanked (It looked worse than 4 TD's)

The way we couldn't compete at all...

The way we quit....

The way our coaches looked... so utterly clueless

Losing I can live with... that stuff I can not.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
Time to create page: 0.037 seconds