Forum

Page Two . . . "Party Line"

11 years 5 months ago #49783 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Page Two . . . "Party Line"
gillette, can pick up on your feelings about the current state of football under Richt. Many of us out here have the same feelings. As much as I hate to say it, watching the games at this point are not the same. I look at the talented players wearing the Red and Black, see some of the disappointment they feel. They signed on with UGA for a reason, and it sure as hell was not to be in the situation they are in now.

Watched the Oregon Ducks last night on the TV. Remembered sitting in Sanford Stadium in the late 60's watching the Ducks . . . . what a change. We ramble along under Richt, nothing really changes, he used everything he had when he first came to UGA.

Difference between Mark Richt and Urban Meyer . . . . Meyer knew that the SEC had caught up with him, so he did the smart thing, left. Mark Richt, not sure he understands the depth of damage he is causing at UGA, or maybe he does but deep down cares less. Three million or so is hard to turn down. McGarity will be the next member of the UGA higher ups that will be tested, don't see that being too far into the future.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 5 months ago #49784 by TampaDawg
Replied by TampaDawg on topic Re: Page Two . . . "Party Line"
Yeah sorry to say but I too see the Dawgs losing easily 5 games next year if something doesn't change in the coaching staff!:(

And losing 3 games this year! :angry: But I hope I'm wrong on both accounts....

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #49785 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Page Two . . . "Party Line"
TampaDawg, in my heart I believe that this years game in JAX carries more weight than many of us know. If we don't come out on top in that game, not only do I think we will fail to sign some recruits that we need badly, but McGarity has to take a deep breath and figure out if he is willing to live with the results that he is seeing.

Making mention of McGarity a lot recently, I was excited when he returned home and appeared to put his foot down. Figured serving under Foley, he had a game plan.

Also would not contest what you said about the remainder of this season and 2013.

Can Mark Richt really lose the number of players off of the defense at the end of this year, and have a team in 2013 that can compete with the likes of Florida, South Carolina, LSU and others? With Mark Richt as head coach, there is no way I believe he is capable of rebuilding our defense and offensive line to be considered a serious threat in the SEC.

Has been mentioned that Mark Richt is stubborn, might be, don't however think that is the reason for UGA being in our current situation. Comes down to coaching these young men up, he is missing the boat that gillette referred to. Game has truly passed Richt. One more thing . . . . think that Steve Spurrier won't be going all out to post 4 straight against us, and to top it off, between the Hedges.

At some point, someone has to take the bull by the horns and make the tough decisions. I think that falls into McGarity's lap. Did not take his boss in Gainesville long to make a decision about Urban Meyer. There are a lot of stories I have heard about that situation, and it is said that Foley did not want Meyer, any more than Meyer wanted to stay. Foley let no grass grow under his feet and coming from some of the folks that I know down this way, Foley let Muschamp know that he was on a short leash. Some Athletic Directors are successful because they know how to manage. Hope McGarity learned something the ten years he served under Foley.

Edit: Tomorrow's game between Florida and South Carolina, see if either of these two give up. Spurrier vs Muschamp, this should be worth the price of admission. Couple of high blood pressure coaches, should be a lot of pad noise in Gainesville.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TampaDawg

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 5 months ago #49787 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Page Two . . . "Party Line"

LimeyDawg wrote: I dunno. I see us losing six, possibly seven games next year. Clemson and Scar right out of the gate...that's tough. LSU beats us, as do the gators. Missou...possible loss. Auburn, possible loss. Tennessee...possible loss.

Wonder if we lose CMR a year late? Either way, next year will be tough so I guess I'll enjoy what remains of this season.

Auburn???...they have big problems....Mizzou, don't think so.

Imo, I think it's possible to sneak out with 9 wins next year....at least 8.

PVBDAWG

More
11 years 5 months ago #49788 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Page Two . . . "Party Line"

Buc wrote: TampaDawg, in my heart I believe that this years game in JAX carries more weight than many of us know. If we don't come out on top in that game, not only do I think we will fail to sign some recruits that we need badly, but McGarity has to take a deep breath and figure out if he is willing to live with the results that he is seeing.

Making mention of McGarity a lot recently, I was excited when he returned home and appeared to put his foot down. Figured serving under Foley, he had a game plan.

Also would not contest what you said about the remainder of this season and 2013.

Can Mark Richt really lose the number of players off of the defense at the end of this year, and have a team in 2013 that can compete with the likes of Florida, South Carolina, LSU and others? With Mark Richt as head coach, there is no way I believe he is capable of rebuilding our defense and offensive line to be considered a serious threat in the SEC.

Has been mentioned that Mark Richt is stubborn, might be, don't however think that is the reason for UGA being in our current situation. Comes down to coaching these young men up, he is missing the boat that gillette referred to. Game has truly passed Richt. One more thing . . . . think that Steve Spurrier won't be going all out to post 4 straight against us, and to top it off, between the Hedges.

At some point, someone has to take the bull by the horns and make the tough decisions. I think that falls into McGarity's lap. Did not take his boss in Gainesville long to make a decision about Urban Meyer. There are a lot of stories I have heard about that situation, and it is said that Foley did not want Meyer, any more than Meyer wanted to stay. Foley let no grass grow under his feet and coming from some of the folks that I know down this way, Foley let Muschamp know that he was on a short leash. Some Athletic Directors are successful because they know how to manage. Hope McGarity learned something the ten years he served under Foley.

Edit: Tomorrow's game between Florida and South Carolina, see if either of these two give up. Spurrier vs Muschamp, this should be worth the price of admission. Couple of high blood pressure coaches, should be a lot of pad noise in Gainesville.

Buc, saw where there is a good chance that Lattimore won't play. He has a banged up hip, guess we'll see. Not sure USC can beat UF without Lattimore.

PVBDAWG

More
11 years 5 months ago #49789 by TampaDawg
Replied by TampaDawg on topic Re: Page Two . . . "Party Line"

Buc wrote: TampaDawg, in my heart I believe that this years game in JAX carries more weight than many of us know. If we don't come out on top in that game, not only do I think we will fail to sign some recruits that we need badly, but McGarity has to take a deep breath and figure out if he is willing to live with the results that he is seeing.

I hope he has the manhood to do that Buc if he needs to get in Richt's face!

More
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds