Forum
Dawgs.com
Remember me
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Defense

Defense 1 year 10 months ago #1

I'm watching the replay of the UGA-TN game again...a few quick observations about our defense.

1. They played admirably, but the rust on Tree and Rambo is definitely noticeable
2. We were willing to give them running yards to prevent giving up the home run through the air
3. We will NOT face another offensive line as good as TN's unless at some point we're lined up across from Bama, and we will NOT face another QB with as quick a release as Bray
4. I did pay a bit of attention to Jarvis and I definitely didn't see loafing...I did see a scheme that had him peeling off to maintain lane coverage that falls in line with preventing giving up the home run.

What I think this means for Saturday...yes Shaw is much improved in his passing, but he's not the downfield threat that Bray is, especially with a bum shoulder, and he DEFINITELY doesn't have the downfield weapons Bray does. When healthy, SC doesn't come close to the skill across the line that Tn has...especially with their right tackle coming off a shoulder sprain...don't think Grantham and Jarvis won't key on that one! Obviously we have to defend the pass, but we don't have to give our secondary the help against it like we did with TN, and we WILL get pressure on Shaw. I may be fooling myself with wishful thinking, but I think we see a completely different Georgia defense this weekend.
  • Mike Honcho
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Defense 1 year 10 months ago #2

Yes.

Tennessee is the best offense we will face in the season.
  • kentdaddy
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Sage Dawg
  • Thank you received: 109

Re: Defense 1 year 10 months ago #3

Good Words...
  • WoodstockDawg
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Dawg
  • Thank you received: 59

Re: Defense 1 year 10 months ago #4

I want to see this defense come out and play like somebody just slapped them in the face time to get ANGRY and stomp some chickens.

dogbytesonline.com/ugas-"herrera-gets-no...ike-position"-62622/

Nobody picking Georgia to win I like being the underdawg.

espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/52080/predictions-sec-week-6-2

This guy knows what he is talking about.

bleacherreport.com/articles/1357816-coll...-week-week-6-edition
  • Dawg With Style
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Junkyard Dawg
  • Thank you received: 341
Every Dawg has it's day and todays the Day!!!

Re: Defense 1 year 10 months ago #5

I mentioned earlier that I thought this game will be a more comfortable win for UGA than folks realize. I'm liking UGA to win by two scores.

I haven't had a chance to watch the UT game on a regular size tv but noticed during the second half that on a couple big plays we were blitzing corners to try and pressure Bray. He picked it up and hit a wide open back or receiver in the void. Don't understand how UT always seems to have great play along the line of scrimmage, year in and year out.

Re: Defense 1 year 10 months ago #6

Hope you are right southerlover.

I feel we are going to have trouble blocking that front 4 and they could cause us some real problems. They are experienced and our OL isn't very experienced. In THIS league, that concerns me.
  • wlayton
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Senior Dawg
  • Thank you received: 792
PVBDAWG

Re: Defense 1 year 10 months ago #7

Stopping Lattimore is the main thing and I know that CTG has a plan to do just that, can't wait to see what it is. This game has a lot of electricity built in and no need to build it up. I think it means more to the Dawgs than most believe,so the D has to step up big time. I also believe that the ol ball sack thinks that he has this one in the bag and his team has to screw up for UGA to win. I think he's wrong. We're better than sc all round and our D will step it up. GO DAWGS!!!!!!GATA
  • growl
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Junkyard Dawg
  • Thank you received: 381
The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

Re: Defense 1 year 10 months ago #8

Shaw isn't the down field threat that Bray was...

But Bray didn't have Lattimore lined up behind him either. SC is going to pound,run the QB pound some more, and then play action over the top.

Past time for the D to get angry. I don't care who was out of the lineup.. this D should
not be 10th in the SEC or wherever they are at. That's ridiculous.
  • Wartdawg
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Junkyard Dawg
  • Thank you received: 727
NO EXCUSES - Last SEC championship 2005
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.047 seconds