Forum

Arthur Needs Money!!

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #49235 by Buc
Arthur Needs Money!! was created by Buc
I know that many, maybe most on this board are Atlanta Falcon fans if you are into pro football. Said one time before that I was a Falcon fan from day one when they played in Atlanta Fulton County Stadium. Remained a fan until 1981. Huge Tommy Nobis backer.

Suffered through many years of "wait until next year" from the ownership. Being as I have always been a UGA man, way before the Falcons came into existence, like the choice of uniform colors. Pissed the Techies off. Rankin Smith you know was a Georgia grad, who would have thought Red and Black would be the Falcon colors.

Arthur Blank. What can be said about Arthur. Right now many are ok with ownership, team is winning, actually undefeated.

What I can say about Arthur Blank is that he is after every dime he can put his hands on. He along with pro football in all cities are taking their fans for granted, taking them for a long ride to nowhere. Arthur, sorry pal, you will never be an equal to Jerry Jones, and actually that is pretty sad to even try.

Appears to me that there is a lot of under the table work going on at a time when those that truly support the home team are having a hard time making ends meet. One example of job losses, 125,000 folks are going to be laid off that are now employed by Martin-Marietta. What the hell, give me four more years and continue to let the French build our airplanes.

Sorry folks, know that this is not a place for pro football talk, just fed up with the way some of the clowns can manipulate the system. One way to get Arthur's and the NFL's attention is to stop buying those tickets. Every time I see Arthur Blank the first thought that comes to my mind is him pushing a wheel chair around the stadium. From where I sit, the man is a "clown" wearing those 5,000 dollar suits and asking the worker bees for more. I believe in free enterprise, but that can be taken a bit too far.

Again, I apologize for ranting a bit. Just get a belly full of the BS that I see surrounding the game of football, actually on all levels, starting at Pee Wee.

Particularly focused on this statement from the link below.

The Falcons declined a request for an interview about personal seat licenses, saying “no decisions regarding seat rights have been made.”

Lots of sunshine in that board room.

www.ajc.com/news/news/seat-licenses-eyed...lcons-stadium/nSQ5p/
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 6 months ago #49236 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re: Arthur Needs Money!!
I'm a Falcons fan, Buc. Certainly not an AB fan. Funny you mentioned Jerry Jones. I was watching the game Sunday with a Panthers fan, and they showed Blank on the sidelines, and he said, "Ya'll's owner sure thinks he's Jerry Jones, doesn't he?" I just laughed becuase I knew it was true.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
11 years 6 months ago #49237 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Arthur Needs Money!!
sadlerdawg, I was also a big time fan of the Atlanta Flames when I lived in the area. Club got on good footing, then management started doing some of the things that I see AB and his group doing now.

At some point someone in management will step over the line, that however will be after the fox has escaped from the hen house. Some how I keep getting these visions of four more years. I keep coming back to . . . . why is it that we have to fall off of the cliff. Come the first of the year, there are going to be some tough times ahead, as if all was ok now. Appears AB is trying to get the deal done before the wheels come off of the cart.

Sure liked football back in the day. Got in the pickup truck, rounded up more folks that the pickup was designed to carry and go to an empty lot and play football. No pads, Georgia red clay was hard, still knocked the you know what out of each other. Not talking about tag football, tackle without pads.

SEC seems to be ok with playing the championship game in the current building. Leaves me with this thought . . . . AB needs another suit.

You have a good team in Atlanta, just need to avoid those costly injuries, and get AB off of the sideline with those crossed arms.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 6 months ago #49308 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Arthur Needs Money!!
Found this subject to move along the lines of, leave it alone. Amazes me that when your team is winning, nothing else matters. Little bit like UGA football. I am a member of the Atlanta Falcons board and reading some of the back and forth there, not different than any NFL board.

Would be a cold day in Hell before I helped pay for Arthur Blanks efforts to build a new stadium. Most or many on this board are Falcon backers . . . . do you agree with building the new stadium and are you on board with your representatives both City and State government lining up with Arthur Blank . . . Pass this along to your children and grandchildren . . . some call it taxes, not tax reform.

Sorry folks, amazes me how some can be so loud on certain subjects and "mute" on others.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #49311 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Re: Arthur Needs Money!!
The last time I went to a Falcons game it was outdoors and Bobby Douglas was QB for the Chicago Bears. Could'nt stand Rankin Smith then either,but I did like watching Matt Ryan last Sunday when he pointed at the Carolina bench after the winning field goal and said, NOW GET OFF MY FIELD. That was classic.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More
11 years 6 months ago #49316 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re: Arthur Needs Money!!
Agree with ya Buc. Only pro sport I ever go to is a NASCAR race every couple of years--never been to any other pro game except a Braves game my dad took me to 40 years ago.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds