Forum
Dawgs.com
Remember me
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: UGA v UT 2012

UGA v UT 2012 2 years 3 weeks ago #1

Remembered this game as one of my favorites.

And this is a tribute to our long lost friend Larry Munson.

Do some of these guys remind you of the Dawgs we have now? They never gave up. Jarvis? Gurley?

Georgia vs Tennesse 1988 Youtube in case the link doesn't work.
Enjoy! I surely did.
  • gillette
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Dawg
  • Thank you received: 38
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OldSouthDawg

Re: UGA v UT 2012 2 years 3 weeks ago #2

what a great way to start a gameday! Thanks Gillete. I'm in Atlanta for a 5:30 wedding so here's hoping that Dawgs can put them away early. If not the I Phone is going in with me. GATA

Re: UGA v UT 2012 2 years 2 weeks ago #3

Hey Yall, should be a great game. And another great BullDAWG WIN!!! I could be sleepin on the sofa tonight cause my Lady is a UT Fan. GOOOO DAWGSSSS look forward to seeing all the D together today.
  • OldSouthDawg
  • Junkyard Dawg
  • Thank you received: 16
Once A DAWG Always A DAWG

Re: UGA v UT 2012 2 years 2 weeks ago #4

Was only able to watch the 2nd half, but what I saw did not resemble a #5 team. UT moved the ball at will. Looked like we were playing conservative with a small lead. Could not kill the clock with sustained drives. It was a one possession game with 2 min remaining.

The O line opened holes. Backs hit the holes. AM had pretty good game, but receivers dropped key passes. Run D was absent at times. D backfield was beat most of game. Special teams, no comment.

Don't get me wrong. I'll take the win. I am afraid if we play like that against SC or UF, we will be coming home with our tails between our legs.

Ok coaches. Time to regroup and get these young pups ready for a "knife fight in the ditch" in Columbia.

Go Dawgs!
  • TN Dawg
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Junkyard Dawg
  • Thank you received: 304

Re: UGA v UT 2012 2 years 2 weeks ago #5

TN Dawg wrote:
Was only able to watch the 2nd half, but what I saw did not resemble a #5 team. UT moved the ball at will. Looked like we were playing conservative with a small lead. Could not kill the clock with sustained drives. It was a one possession game with 2 min remaining.

The O line opened holes. Backs hit the holes. AM had pretty good game, but receivers dropped key passes. Run D was absent at times. D backfield was beat most of game. Special teams, no comment.

Don't get me wrong. I'll take the win. I am afraid if we play like that against SC or UF, we will be coming home with our tails between our legs.

Ok coaches. Time to regroup and get these young pups ready for a "knife fight in the ditch" in Columbia.

Go Dawgs!

I am going to disagree a bit. UGA just beat the best offensive team on their schedule this year. Neither UF nor USC has the QB or WRs that Tennessee does. Neither is an offense that scares people. The defense should be fine against both. Tennessee can throw the ball. Bray is a decent QB and he has good targets. In the end if UGA does not give away points this game was not close.

South Carolina has a RB and a QB with a gimpy shoulder. Hitting both with vigor would be advisable.
  • kentdaddy
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Sage Dawg
  • Thank you received: 113
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, WoodstockDawg, growl

Re: UGA v UT 2012 2 years 2 weeks ago #6

kentdaddy wrote:
TN Dawg wrote:

Go Dawgs!

I am going to disagree a bit. UGA just beat the best offensive team on their schedule this year. Neither UF nor USC has the QB or WRs that Tennessee does. Neither is an offense that scares people. The defense should be fine against both. Tennessee can throw the ball. Bray is a decent QB and he has good targets. In the end if UGA does not give away points this game was not close.

South Carolina has a RB and a QB with a gimpy shoulder. Hitting both with vigor would be advisable.

Good word kentdaddy!!

That was a good UT OLine as well. Big and most of their OLine was JR and SR. We will probably not see any better OLine the rest of the year either.

Would have liked to see a little more pressure put on the QB, but in retrospect, I believe CTG was trying to protect the DB's vs Bray, so he didn't blitz a ton, when he did, we hurried, and forced bad throws, and the INT's at the end of the game.

Go Dawgs!!!
  • WoodstockDawg
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Dawg
  • Thank you received: 59

Re: UGA v UT 2012 2 years 2 weeks ago #7

Their OL was the strength of their team.....very good, give them credit. If you can't get to Bray, he will hurt you. Their OL opened holes for their running game as well. Like kd said, without our turnovers it's a blow out.......imo in another post, last year we wouldn't have won this game with those turnovers.
  • wlayton
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Senior Dawg
  • Thank you received: 897
PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, WoodstockDawg

Re: UGA v UT 2012 2 years 2 weeks ago #8

Ok guys, your points are well taken. I am happy with the win, but all I am hearing is how lucky we were to win and that we are not that good from the UT faithful. What does that make them then? Losers to the Dawgs, that is what! Just wanted to beat down the vols. Least I have yr of bragging. Game reminded me a lot of the SC game last year when we spotted them so many points.

Letting it go now. 5 straight and on to SC.

Go Dawgs & GATA. Chicken wings for dinner next Saturday!
  • TN Dawg
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Junkyard Dawg
  • Thank you received: 304
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds