Forum

From Athens- Game Day Friday # 5

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #49118 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Re: From Athens- Game Day Friday # 5
We must play smarter if we do not, and continue to play like this it will be a long night in Columbia East next Saturday night.

This team has not yet arrived in the top tier of the SEC. Shame with our talent that we continue to get pushed around by a 3rd tier SEC team.

The old ball sack will have the chickens ready and Lattimore is lickin his chops and Shaw is itching for a chance to throw it downfield.

No excuses for the way this team played tonight. Granted Gurley and Marshall are to be feared but we killed them running left......but then started running right for some unknown reason and got stuffed.......should have made them prove that they could stop us left......never happened......Defense I have no clue as to what the hell is up with them, granted 3 turnovers for 20 points.......but we played dumb football today....that boils down to one thing COACHING.....this team is not prepared.......No Excuses we are better than that.......we better be better or the old ball sack will make it a looooong trip home next week........

thecountrynation.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #49119 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 5
5-0

5-0 is 5-0. I'm not happy 1 little bit that UT scored 44 on us no matter how, but 5-0 is 5-0.

tighten up the ship boys... Murray.. I don't fault you for the int, but you can NOT fumble on that wussy hit. Special Ed... you can NOT do stupid crap that results in you starting on the 1 twice. D... no matter what... you can't be given up 44. Where the H was your pressure in Bray tonight?

Lord almighty...we have soooo much freakin' talent on this squad: Please don't }¥€& it up the opportunity in front of you.
Please.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #49120 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Re: From Athens- Game Day Friday # 5
Going back and looking at this game in hindsight, I asked myself, "what in the world happened"? At first I didn't know. Then I let the emotions cool down and realized what in the world happened.

The South Carolina game from last year happened again. HUGE turnovers ate us alive. Special Ed teams cost us EASY points.

So how did we win? Tennessee has no defense, that's how. Gurshall is for real, and Tennessee has no D. That was the difference in the game.

I hope we got that out of our system, but history says we are going to lose one or more of the next 7 games. Next week is by FAR the most likely game to lose. Wartdawg is right - we are so stocked up with talent, and won't have this much in the future. Take advantage of it WHILE YOU CAN, Dawgs. Do NOT blow it.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #49121 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: From Athens- Game Day Friday # 5
Watching South Carolina and Kentucky, looks a lot like Georgia and Tennessee. Both teams are looking ahead. Should be a heck of a game in Columbia.

Edit: Been a while since I posted the above.

If we play a three man front against South Carolina, they will make life difficult for us. Depth wise, both teams are probably on equal footing.

I believe that we are a better offensive team, not too much needs to be said about that.

Home field advantage is worth a couple of points or 3.

Not sure what is going on with our punter or kicker. They seem to get better when they leave Athens and play in the NFL.

Special teams look a bit better than last season, not sure where I am going with that.

UGA is a very good football team, not totally sure what happens next week, but I think that we will win. Do not have numbers or spread in my head, just think that we will win. Might win ugly, but sometimes ugly wins. Much like South Carolina did last season in Athens.

Show time has finally arrived. Time to put up or shut up . . . . :)

More
11 years 6 months ago #49122 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Re: From Athens- Game Day Friday # 5
It's actually all my fault. When we were up in the first quarter I asked myself wouldn't it be just like us to start turning the ball over? Well I apparently let the cat out of the bag and the football gods gave me what I ask for. Still were 5 and oh.That has to count for something plus that makes 4 games with 40 or more points on offense.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."

More
11 years 6 months ago #49123 by southernlover
Replied by southernlover on topic Re: From Athens- Game Day Friday # 5
In the SEC you win and move on. Agree with Thriller that USC last year happened. You turn it over in this league and anyone can hang with you. Tenn always has a good line and was not happy with the way they ran against us. But yes, we are 5-0 and next weekend will be HUGE! GATA.

Had a huge crowd of new friends crowded around me and my I Phone at the wedding in Buckhead. Scolded by the hens more than once.......GATA GATA GATA

More
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds