Forum

Vanderbilt Tonight

11 years 6 months ago #48957 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Vanderbilt Tonight
ogredawg, did see Theus get beat a couple of times, but something that caught my eye was the fact that AM stepped up in the pocket when pressured. That speaks volumes from a quarterbacking perspective. Shows that AM has confidence in what this group of players are doing and trying to accomplish.

Like you, watched the offensive line closer this game, then went back Sunday morning and really did the stop and go on the DVR.

Will Friend has this group playing very aggressive, of course that is Theus' nature and the "small guy" playing center, David Andrews, played like a Mad Dawg. Like Beard at left tackle and Gates at guard. Reason I say Gates at left guard, noticed that Lee is still limping, young fellow has heart.

Crossed fingers for a couple of young men being recruited and a couple that have commited. Offensive game starts with the players Will Friend is coaching, and I might add, doing a very good job. Big test with South Carolina . . . . South Carolina will also have a big test against Georgia, maybe tit for tat.

Oops, Tennessee. Like kentdaddy and others have said, hate the color urnge on the football field. I don't have a lot of admiration for their quarterback. Lots of young folks can sling the pigskin, more to the game than that. Supposedly Tennessee has a pretty good offensive line, we will see just how good in Athens.

Number 9 and number 18 returning. Number 9 really excites me. Defense plays the way they did against Vandy, after the Tennessee contest there should be enough smiles on UGA faces to go around.

Will Friend, your future is looking bright and the folks that hired you on in Athens are to be congratulated. Testy bunch there coach. :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 6 months ago #48958 by TN Dawg
Replied by TN Dawg on topic Re: Vanderbilt Tonight
Well wanted the shutout, but can settle for only giving up three. Very pleased with the way UGA played a complete game. When there were lapses in the game plan they were corrected. I am troubled by a few areas and we will need to improve to remain top tier team. Rough stretch of schedule is right around the corner.

Like others I am not sold on MM as DB. Looked like he was out of position a few times and got beat. I understand we are shallow at that position. Really looking forward to getting AO and BR back on D side to bolster that unit.

Back-up QBs did not move the ball Sat night. Don't know if coaches changed play calling for them, but they sure did not look good running the O. Heaven forbid AM go down and we have to go to back-up.

PATs are a crap shoot. Really need them to step up. As competition gets better, they could be an issue. Punting and kick off have gotten better as season has progressed.

As I said, pleased with Sat nights outcome. However, can't get to excited. It WAS vandy! Not wanting to sound negative but, I will withhold throwing shoulder out of socket patting us on the back until after the UT game.

Go Dawgs! GATA!

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #48959 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Vanderbilt Tonight
Have to agree with ogredawg and Buc on the OL so far. WF is coaching them up and like TN D said about some area's he's concerned about, I'm still holding back until I see us play a D front that is actually any good. If they handle USC's D front and can rush the ball successfully against them.....then I'm totally sold. (ogredawg, Theus thing was only for info purposes....he did play LT at Bolles HS)

UF's front is very good as well......won't face two DE's like USC's this year though.....they are scary.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds