Forum

Old School Football

11 years 7 months ago #48685 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Old School Football

kentdaddy wrote:

hedge hunter wrote: I loved seeing richt run out and hug richard samuel after he stopped the fake punt. Best part of the game for me.

I loved that. I will always be a Richard Samuel fan.

On a related note the contrast in styles reminds me of this street fighting video where a fancy lad with slick moves gets knocked out by a straight, hard punch.

Fun stuff.

kentdaddy, you can take the boy out of the country, can't take the country out of the boy! :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #48687 by WoodstockDawg
Replied by WoodstockDawg on topic Re: Old School Football
I liked a lot of what I saw Saturday night, obviously there are things to be worked on, but to see us play better in the second half for the second straight week, was very encouraging.

I really thought it would be close at half, I did thing we would be up, but thought Mizzou being jacked up would keep it close, but it played out about how I thought it would.

Seem that adjustments were made at half time in both games, granted most of the adjustments the first week were attitude, but none the less the coaches seem to have the teams attention. That is encouraging.

I was very impressed with Jarvis Jones. A lot of kids, after making the plays he did, will stand on the side lines looking for a camera to talk to. He sat there, with all the cameras on him, getting ready to do more business. I LIKE THAT ALOT!!!
Also, on the same note of JJ, did anyone else read that his groin was really tweaked mid-week, and that he was struggling to get around a little? And yet, there he was making all the plays when we need.

Looking forward to getting back all of our missing starters, but really think it will be good to get Sanders Cumming back this week Will be good to have another quality CB in the game.

If we could some how figure out how to put last years first halves with this years second halves, we would have won both games very handily.

All in all a good start, things to work on, but a good start!!

GO DAWGS

More
11 years 7 months ago #48692 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Re: Old School Football
WoodstackDawg, not only do YOU like his professionalism a lot, but so does the NFL and so does his future AGENT. JJ is not just FOOTBALL smart, but the guy obviously understands that his "second chance" here at UGA, after that neck injury at USC, is going to net him million$. He is doing EVERYTHING the NFL would dream of - making plays on the field and keeping his private life out of the spot light.

VERY SMART individual!

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #48702 by Buc
Thought I would re-visit the Old School Football thread started by Gillette now that Blair Walsh has been under fire in the NFL.

Have read a few comments on some sites that make me shake my head and wonder if all folks think that all things can be perfect all of the time. Post #8 in Gillette's thread has a couple of things about Blair Walsh and Marshall Morgan. Say it again, both of these young men were outstanding playing football in South Florida. Think Marshall Morgan will make all of us proud wearing the Red and Black.

pro-dawg.blogspot.com/2012/09/blair-wals...ard-clutch-kick.html

More
11 years 7 months ago #48703 by Buc
WoodstockDawg, reading your post #4 in this thread, actually for the third time. You make some very good "practical" points in your post. I think so anyway. Nuff said . . . . except . . . . this one comment on getting better is off the charts.

WoodstockDawg said:
If we could some how figure out how to put last years first halves with this years second halves, we would have won both games very handily.

I am all for patting football players on the back, I am also a believer in coaching, top notch coaching. I see signs of serious improvement on the UGA Campus, should not say this . . . . will of course . . . WM is the defensive backfield coach for Auburn or Abuurn and they are 0-2 at this point. Watched much of their game with Miss State, Willie needs to seek employment outside of football coaching. That is a serious statement, and Auburn's DB's can be had.

That is what Saban has done in Tuscaloosa. I don't make that statement loosely. He keeps the good teams close in the first half and it is "katie bar the door" in the second half. Remember our really good team and the "Blackout" . . . . hate to open old wounds, but that is called "coaching and teaching".

The State of Georgia has the talent, need to keep more of said talent at home. Appears that we are getting closer and we also appear to have much of the coaching talent that is needed to make a game of it in Atlanta.

Hard for me to keep it short, too much time on my hands, I suppose.

Go Dawgs!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WoodstockDawg

More
11 years 7 months ago #48729 by Buc

Buc wrote: Thought I would re-visit the Old School Football thread started by Gillette now that Blair Walsh has been under fire in the NFL.

Have read a few comments on some sites that make me shake my head and wonder if all folks think that all things can be perfect all of the time. Post #8 in Gillette's thread has a couple of things about Blair Walsh and Marshall Morgan. Say it again, both of these young men were outstanding playing football in South Florida. Think Marshall Morgan will make all of us proud wearing the Red and Black.

pro-dawg.blogspot.com/2012/09/blair-wals...ard-clutch-kick.html

Looking around and found this link concerning Blair Walsh. I am proud of Blair, hope that he has a long and successful NFL career. Wish that for all UGA players that make the NFL, regardless of where they display their talents.

pro-dawg.blogspot.com/2012/09/blair-wals...c-special-teams.html

More
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds