Forum

So, where was Grantham?

11 years 7 months ago #48412 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Re: So, where was Grantham?

wlayton wrote: Wasn't looking for you to disect the play call, uh, it was just a hypthetical, showing the player changing a good call.

So, again......100% on the coaches and 0% on the players????

a poorly coached player would change the call......blame lies with the coach.....

thecountrynation.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #48414 by fire_dawg
Replied by fire_dawg on topic Re: So, where was Grantham?
Not sure if anyone else saw, but yesterday on CSS; they had CMR on and they were breaking down the game (can't remember the name of show). But a question came up about the D performance. And CMR said they were trying out a few different player combos and that when the "normal" starters were in the game, UB never got a first down. Not sure if I'm reading too much into it or not, but maybe they were just trying to throw mizzwho off. But I myself didn't think that the D looked up to par. But after hearing that it made me feel alittle better. Just a thought........

More
11 years 7 months ago #48415 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: So, where was Grantham?
fire_dawg, I had someone that I have complete and total trust in that is close to the team tell me the same thing.

Soon we will see. Do know that the offensive line had a real hard time with our first unit defense prior to the season. That was in print and all of us read about JJ and the boys "teaching" this young offensive line a "thing or two". Soon we will know a lot more about this group of young men. Hope all is well for you on the home front. :)

More
11 years 7 months ago #48426 by TN Dawg
Replied by TN Dawg on topic Re: So, where was Grantham?

Buc wrote: fire_dawg, I had someone that I have complete and total trust in that is close to the team tell me the same thing.

Soon we will see. Do know that the offensive line had a real hard time with our first unit defense prior to the season. That was in print and all of us read about JJ and the boys "teaching" this young offensive line a "thing or two". Soon we will know a lot more about this group of young men. Hope all is well for you on the home front. :)

offensive line had a real hard time with our first unit defense prior to the season.

I don't know whether to feel good or bad with that comment, Buc! D wins championships, hope we can score on better Ds than Buffalo. O line is still concern going into Missou.

More
11 years 7 months ago #48429 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: So, where was Grantham?

TN Dawg wrote:

Buc wrote: fire_dawg, I had someone that I have complete and total trust in that is close to the team tell me the same thing.

offensive line had a real hard time with our first unit defense prior to the season.

I don't know whether to feel good or bad with that comment, Buc! D wins championships, hope we can score on better Ds than Buffalo. O line is still concern going into Missou.

Lots of truth in your statements TN Dawg. From what I have read concerning both teams in the upcoming game . . . . both sides seem to have some issues in the offensive line play. Have a feeling it will come down to the players "will to play" and play for four quarters. Really hope that the refs let the teams get after it.

Have watched some film on Franklin, young man has a tendency to run to the right, which is not unusual for a right hander. Can't give Franklin 4 or 5 seconds with the ball in his hands.

First real test of the season and playing at night in a stadium full of fans that won't make us feel welcome. Again, let the teams play, keep the cloth in your pockets, allow the best team to win.

More
11 years 7 months ago #48434 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: So, where was Grantham?

TN Dawg wrote:

TN D and Buc......just talked with a trusted friend as well, he made two comments, one good, one not so good. Theus is questionable and his backup, Danzler is in a boot as well. OL not real good. On a better note, one media guy that follows UGA made a comment before the game that Buffalo's interior OL was going to be better than Mizzou's. Guess we'll see.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: TN Dawg

More
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds