Forum

So, where was Grantham?

11 years 6 months ago #48398 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: So, where was Grantham?
I don't appreciate being talked to or accused on this board, but you can drink to kool aid as you have the past few years, and keep looking through the rose colored glasses. They will break in a few weeks.

duck, sorry you don't apprediate being talked to or accused. You opened that can of worms.

Wonder if the players like you calling them names . . . . .sounds as if the pot is calling the kettle black. Name calling is not necessary to express ones feelings. Many on this board played football, many have homes with UGA keepsakes. Might be you are UGA's number one fan, can't be proven through your remarks.

One last thing . . . You don't like Spurrier, don't like Richt, players according to you are a bunch of wimps, most on this board don't seem to settle on your good side . . . . is there anyone that you do care about, just asking . . . .

Going to go away for a while and then come back and tell us how right you were about the football team. Sure hope that your wish is not granted and even if it comes down to a losing record, that does not open the gates to call the players wimps. Somehow Jarvis Jones and others don't seem to fit the "wimp" category in my way of thinking. Really hoping that you were just having a bad day duck.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #48401 by duck
Replied by duck on topic Re: So, where was Grantham?
One last post, and then I am done for awhile. I have alway from day one, said that I am the most negative person on this board. It is not that I want to be, it is because nothing and I mean nothing has changed at UGA in 4 years. We have the same old OC with the same plays, we have a new DC, but he can't beat a top 25 team. We have the same CMR that could not motivate my dog to fetch a bone.

I know in my heart I should not have added the players into my comments, just should have stuck with the coaching. I went back in my second statement to clairify, that I was mainly pissed at our D, for their lack of effort and therfore included the entire team.

If I am wrong, it is ok for you guys to tell me, yes I get upset, but sometime my emotions get the best of me. I will not waver in my feelings that this team is no different the the past few years, and every team on our schedule has improved. I see no change on our side. Yes it was the first game, but look at OK State, Fla State, Ohio State, LSU, Ala, all these power houses ran up high numbers on their cream puff, just saying why couldn't we.

More
11 years 6 months ago #48402 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Re: So, where was Grantham?
I'm not going along with the same ole team crap,maybe the changes arent fast enough for you,but, there are changes. I'd be willing to bet that most of the SEC would gladly trade their DC for ours in a minute. Thus far the coaching has been less than stellar,but you'd have to do a lot of talking to convince me that we dont have super athletes at UGA. Whatever the reason for the sluggish start I'm proud to be a Bulldog so don't go stepping on my boys like that again.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #48403 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: So, where was Grantham?
duck, that last post is the duck that I have stood by and even tried to defend on more than one occasion. I don't and refuse to dislike you because of one statement or if you feel different than myself on certain issues.

I seriously hope that you don't hibernate. You have too much to offer, even if it is on what you call the negative side. I know that I have said many things about more than one UGA football coach, and like you, I stand by what I have said. Screamed at Willie and a couple of others that coached under him on the defensive side. Sounded off about VD and I also stand by what I said in that discussion.

AllDawgs5 said it clearly to me some time back when we were having a back and forth. Mentioned to me that these are young men that had issues before stepping a foot on campus and might enter that into the thought process.

I can also read between the lines in your last post, you did not really mean to bash the players with name calling, think you meant maybe they could have put forth more effort. I believe that also. Jenkins in an interview after the game said as much. Halftime found Grantham using "adjectives" when discussing the first half with his defensive players. Third quarter, something like one first down and twenty yards of total offense. Something like that. I did not hear the adjectives that he used, apparently the defense did.

You are not one that runs and hides, know that to be a fact. Don't stop coming up, which is not often anyway. One more thing, sadlerdawg dressed me down once upon a time, did it in a way that was respectful, but he did it. Changed my way of thinking on a certain issue that had to do with players and being paid.

Don't be thin skinned, no one here hates you, just took issue with you on an issue. I consider you to be my friend and have tried to show it more than once, hope the same applies to you. I say that with respect duck. :)

More
11 years 6 months ago #48405 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: So, where was Grantham?

ogredawg wrote:

wlayton wrote:

ogredawg wrote:

Buc wrote: duck, sometimes folks can step out too far. I think that you did this in your post. Shame on you for putting every player in the same category. Don't come back and apologize, you said it, you believe it or the words would not have come out of your mouth.

Respect comes from earning it. Don't like what you said below one bit.

We have no players with desire, they are all talk, and I wish some one would take this email to the team and show them that I say they are all a bunch of wimps, no heart, just cheap talk.

Right on Buc......I for one am not going to blame a bunch of 18-21 year old young men for inept coaching...

Agree ogredawg but the players have to take on some responsibility on the field as well.

Also agree with you Buc.

not this year wlayton. I refuse to blame the players. The blame is squarely on the coaching staff as a whole. From the head down to strength and conditioning. The talent on this team is not being used, and that is the coaches fault not anyone elses.

Sooooo, you're saying the coaching staff has to take 100% of any blame and the players 0%??.....Really??......hmmmmm

Ok, hypothetical, which can happen btw.....3rd and goal from the 6 inch line and Bozo calls FB dive.....but wait.....AM checks to the fade and blows it. Coaches fault??

PVBDAWG

More
11 years 6 months ago #48406 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: So, where was Grantham?

Wartdawg wrote:

wlayton wrote:

Wartdawg wrote: Teams take on the personality of their coach. In this case that
would be lethargic, unprepared, and as plain as unflavored non fat yogurt.

What is interesting to me is that Saban acts very calm on the sidelines as well (I know he's ranted some but CMR has at times too)........difference is, he's arguably the smartest coach in college football and more than that, his players KNOW they had better focus, get the job done or go sit on the bench.

Point is.......I believe you can have a calm demeanor as long as you have the other attributes.

So do I, but I would note we don't see Saban in the locker, nor on the practice field. A calm outward appearance might
mask a withering glare that makes young men quake in their
boots.

You can inspire, intimidate or both.... but you can't do neither.

You can say the same for CMR for the most part....you don't see him in the locker room or the practice field either and you also don't know whether Saban rants at those time either......this isn't worth an argument, just saying it's a doable type of coach.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds