Forum

So, where was Grantham?

11 years 6 months ago #48380 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: So, where was Grantham?
Went back and looked at the first paragraph in your post duck. It has taken me a while, and I have had thoughts before that you were a plant for the Cocks. Chickens and ducks have web feet. Just saying . . . .

I am not going to appoligize, with the exception of some on offence, the players suck, and I mainly refer to the defense, I am sick of these thugs running their mouths saying how good they are. How we ranked in the top 5 last year and got blown out by LSU and let Mich State score so many points on us is beyond me. I said it last year and the year before, UGA is all talk, we have no coaches that can give these kids the tools to play major ball, we beat the small schools and some times play close with sone of the big boys, but lose. We have not beaten a top 25 team in 2 years, yet some on here see so much change for the good and we are getting better.

After going back and reading each and every post you have made, I think you are a Cock transplant trying to crawl under the rug and act as if you are one of us. You are totally negative, have nothing good to say about the young men that play for UGA. You say that you have neighbors that are Cock fans that drive you up the wall. I personally think that your "cover" has been exposed. Gloom and doom, duck you have been totally exposed.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #48381 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Re: So, where was Grantham?

wlayton wrote:

ogredawg wrote:

Buc wrote: duck, sometimes folks can step out too far. I think that you did this in your post. Shame on you for putting every player in the same category. Don't come back and apologize, you said it, you believe it or the words would not have come out of your mouth.

Respect comes from earning it. Don't like what you said below one bit.

We have no players with desire, they are all talk, and I wish some one would take this email to the team and show them that I say they are all a bunch of wimps, no heart, just cheap talk.

Right on Buc......I for one am not going to blame a bunch of 18-21 year old young men for inept coaching...

Agree ogredawg but the players have to take on some responsibility on the field as well.

Also agree with you Buc.

not this year wlayton. I refuse to blame the players. The blame is squarely on the coaching staff as a whole. From the head down to strength and conditioning. The talent on this team is not being used, and that is the coaches fault not anyone elses.

thecountrynation.com

More
11 years 6 months ago #48382 by ogredawg

duck wrote: I am not going to appoligize, with the exception of some on offence, the players suck, and I mainly refer to the defense, I am sick of these thugs running their mouths saying how good they are. How we ranked in the top 5 last year and got blown out by LSU and let Mich State score so many points on us is beyond me. I said it last year and the year before, UGA is all talk, we have no coaches that can give these kids the tools to play major ball, we beat the small schools and some times play close with sone of the big boys, but lose. We have not beaten a top 25 team in 2 years, yet some on here see so much change for the good and we are getting better.

You really believe that we held back to not show Misz our play bood, heck we have no play book, we run the same 5 plays the entire game. Our great defense is good against lessor teams, they suck against top 20 teams, and this is mainly due to lack of offense. With the limited plays the other teams D stops us and we go 3 and out, our D becomes tired and we lose or get blown out. It has been the same for the past 4 years, nothing has changed and nothing will change, it will be the same next week and the next.

Yes it may be cruel to blame 18 to 20 year old players and say they don't care, well until I see something other than cheap talk from the players, I will contiune to blame the coaches first then the players for the lack of desire to win. I once again am mainly refering my frustration on our D for to me this is the most disgusting part of our team. Yes I say again take this email to the entire D it will not bother me one bit for the entire D to see that I think they are all mouth and no action.

I blame CMR, BoBo , And Grantham for the lack of coaching the lack of know how, the lack of play calling and bash me all you want, but until CMR is gone we will be 2nd to 3rd tier. I know I sound hostile, but I am pissed about yesterday, and the up coming season or lack thereof.

double speak first you blame the players then in the next breath you blame the coaches......I think Buc has you pegged.....you are an old ball sack plant or worse a gaytor or techie......

thecountrynation.com

More
11 years 6 months ago #48388 by duck
Replied by duck on topic Re: So, where was Grantham?
That is fine, you believe what you want, I am more of a UGA fan that anyone on this board, come look at my house, come look at my office done totally in UGA. I unlike most on here are sick and tired of getting by winning 6,7,8 games a year going to a 2nd or 3rd tier bowl.

I have listen to most of you all spring and summer talk about how things have changed, and this is the year. You look at programs like Ala, they don't make excusses about their OL, they just put in another, every year, its a patch work OL for UGA. All CRM does is recruit RB and QB!!!

If have passion and I can't stand progress not being made in returning UGA to the eliete. I refer to USC mainly because Spurrior has taken that lowly program and made it better than ours. I refer to USC because I hate Spurrior, but at least he knows how to coach

You want to call me out, then fine, what I said about the players harsh, yes maybe, but lets see some 6 weeks from now, I will keep my mouth shut until 6 weeks, Then we will see who is right. I say come 6 weeks from now, we will be 3 and 4 then I want you to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.

I may not be as smart as some, but I have played the game, and I do know a thing or to about team unity, toughiness, and a desire to win. This is something CMR has neither of.

I don't appreciate being talked to or accused on this board, but you can drink to kool aid as you have the past few years, and keep looking through the rose colored glasses. They will break in a few weeks.

More
11 years 6 months ago #48389 by ogredawg
you speak harshly of the players yet blame CMR again.......I for one am drinking no kool aid....but I refuse to put the blame on the players......

thecountrynation.com

More
11 years 6 months ago #48391 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic So, where was Grantham?

wlayton wrote:

Wartdawg wrote: Teams take on the personality of their coach. In this case that
would be lethargic, unprepared, and as plain as unflavored non fat yogurt.

What is interesting to me is that Saban acts very calm on the sidelines as well (I know he's ranted some but CMR has at times too)........difference is, he's arguably the smartest coach in college football and more than that, his players KNOW they had better focus, get the job done or go sit on the bench.

Point is.......I believe you can have a calm demeanor as long as you have the other attributes.

So do I, but I would note we don't see Saban in the locker, nor on the practice field. A calm outward appearance might
mask a withering glare that makes young men quake in their
boots.

You can inspire, intimidate or both.... but you can't do neither.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds