Forum

What is your Prediction

11 years 6 months ago #48129 by TN Dawg
Replied by TN Dawg on topic Re: Prediction

wlayton wrote:

gillette wrote: Ye,s I saw that Buc. I always look forward to what UGA puts out every year. All of that was said in it was great but I guess I'm reaching for more about our OL and special teams. Because that's really my main concern. I hope it's just me being overly concerned.

I've been in your camp about the OL for 6+ months.......imo, THE key to our season.

+1. Can't build a fortress on sand.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #48132 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Prediction

TN Dawg wrote:

wlayton wrote:

gillette wrote: Ye,s I saw that Buc. I always look forward to what UGA puts out every year. All of that was said in it was great but I guess I'm reaching for more about our OL and special teams. Because that's really my main concern. I hope it's just me being overly concerned.

I've been in your camp about the OL for 6+ months.......imo, THE key to our season.

+1. Can't build a fortress on sand.

TN Dawg, the comment above struck me, thought about it, went internet surfing and find myself back to your very insightful comment.

We live very close to the Atlantic Ocean. Have seen many sand castles built along the beaches, some are incredible, lots of work went into building them. At some point the beauty of the sand castle is erased by the incoming surf. Somehow I feel that this group of Olinemen will gel quickly and become better than average. Just keep fingers crossed for no injuries.

More
11 years 6 months ago #48136 by stanger
Replied by stanger on topic Re: Prediction
I think this year we're a lot better then we where a few years back when we went in ranked #1. Our defense is a million times better this year then that defense was and our offense has just as many weapons. I think the boys no they can do something special this year. Will we make it to Miami I don't think so but I still see us going 10-2. We will lose one game to either SC FL or Mizzu I do believe. I'm praying it's not Mizzu I don't want to be around all those kitty's after that game if we don't win. I think there will be a lot of surprises this year. This team is taking another hole approach to things. The boys haven't been down town sense a week before camp. This is a rule that a couple upper classman made for the team and their sticking to it ol coach came through last Saturday night looking. JJ posted on his twitter that downtoan wasn't a option for him on Saturday night when he was looking for something to do. Also my break out player this year is Corey Mooooore.

More
11 years 6 months ago #48137 by WoodstockDawg
Replied by WoodstockDawg on topic Re: Prediction
Very good words to hear to these ears...

Sounds like there is leadership on the team now, and that is what all great teams need. Leadership from within!

The coaches can only monitor so much, but glad to hear that there was a coach checking up on the team. That will keep them on their toes.

Looking forward to Saturday!

GO DAWGS!!!

More
11 years 6 months ago #48138 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Re: Prediction
I also think we'll go 10-2 or maybe even 9-3. Losses to SC and FL will be POSSIBLY joined by a loss to Abuurn or TN.

Maybe it's lack of coaching, or too much pot, or just head games, but unless we have another HW on the team, undefeated simply is not going to happen. Mistakes, bad judgement, senseless penalties and/or heartbreaking injuries/suspensions always seem to crop up during the season, but only to us . . . never "them".

I don't see losing to Missouri with the guys THEY'VE already lost. Tennessee losing Da'Rick will make them a BETTER team, and that's got me worried. Abuurn simply can't be as bad as last year, and they now have a genuine DC. The 'Cocks, even though we had the better team last year, will be fired UP this year in their stadium to put a third "L" on us in a row, and Lattimore is just pure good at totin' the rock. Florida has mojo on us.

If we lose to Mizzou, hang it up . . . the season is over. Arizona State made their defense look lame last year (did the same to USC, must say). If we don't do the same to them this year that ASU did to them last year, then we will lose to TN, SC, FL AND Abuurn. If that happens, many will FINALLY get their wish . . . new head coach. But it won't be anyone you've ever heard of.

MAN! Someone please pick me up! :(

More
11 years 6 months ago #48140 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Prediction
stanger, as always, good to have you back posting. You are very close to the heartbeat of our football team, and you call it like you see it. Corey Moore will light some folks up, what he did in high school is exactly what he will do between the Hedges.

WoodstockDawg, leadership from within, music to my ears. Too bad that the coaches have to "look around" for players that might forget what this is all about. Understand the age factor, been there, done that. History of our football team over the past few seasons seems to say that some refuse to wise up to history. UGA rules for the football team are not the same as other schools around the country, but these rules are OUR rules.

thriller, there is no way that Missouri can line up and play four serious quarters of football against this 2012 edition of UGA. I will go along with you about a "must win", it is exactly that. Going to reach back into the past and say this . . . Mark Richt coached football teams are very good on the road. There is not a doubt in my mind that Franklin is not aware of what he will face, not something he has ever faced before, either college or high school. I also believe that the Tigers will see quite a bit of three and four man defensive lines . . . with our speed on the outside, strength on the inside . . . . Franklin's nightmare.

Auburn and Florida will both be better on defense, don't ever doubt that. Urban Meyer gave up the day that Tim Tebow departed campus. Tennessee, don't have a lot of second thoughts about them, they are not deep enough to pull off too many wins. Their quarterback is a "me, my, I guy" . . . . our defense will probably be the result of us scoring an extra fourteen points. No way they win in Athens. South Carolina . . . . if Mark Richt and Mike Bobo can rid themselves of the Spurrier talk, play the game with the enormous talent we have, and change the game plan that SS knows and has played against since he started coaching at South Carolina, we have a 2/3 point game. Offense should be as good as they can be when we make the trip to South Carolina.

Maybe did not pick you up, but the above is the way I see it. Some games we have to win, and some of those games have to be against ranked football teams. With the talent in Athens, this has to be the year we re-establish ourselves.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, fire_dawg, WoodstockDawg, Dawg With Style

More
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds