Forum

Missouri/Georgia . . . Show Time

11 years 8 months ago #47920 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Missouri/Georgia . . . Show Time
Thank you wlayton.

Think that the kudos in this case probably should be pointed in Mark Richt's direction. After the LSU game he made it a point to say he wanted a fullback that is a load.

I figure that most on this board have watched Quayvon Hicks on youtube. Goes to the point that WoodstockDawg made about a fullback that can catch the ball. Quayvon can, excites me that a man that size can do so many things.

QH was excellent on the d-line, know that was high school. However, I believe that Quayvon Hicks might turn out to be the deciding factor in more than one game this year as this offensive line develops and he gets comfortable in all areas. Good on Mark Richt for this special recruit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 8 months ago #47921 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Missouri/Georgia . . . Show Time
Buc, remember when it use to be almost automatic when it was 3rd and 1-2 or 3rd and goal from the 1.....Brannan Southerland would get the quick handoff and get the yardage EVERY time. That's a very nice piece of the puzzle to have to extend drives or put it in the endzone. Big weapon imo.

PVBDAWG

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #47922 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Re: Missouri/Georgia . . . Show Time

wlayton wrote: Buc, remember when it use to be almost automatic when it was 3rd and 1-2 or 3rd and goal from the 1.....Brannan Southerland would get the quick handoff and get the yardage EVERY time. That's a very nice piece of the puzzle to have to extend drives or put it in the endzone. Big weapon imo.

Correct! Brannan Sutherland. Before him, Verron Haynes. Another great at that position was Mack Strong. And before him, Robert Honeycutt. We've had some great players here. I'm hoping Hicks joins that list.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #47923 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Missouri/Georgia . . . Show Time

thriller wrote:

wlayton wrote: Buc, remember when it use to be almost automatic when it was 3rd and 1-2 or 3rd and goal from the 1.....Brannan Southerland would get the quick handoff and get the yardage EVERY time. That's a very nice piece of the puzzle to have to extend drives or put it in the endzone. Big weapon imo.

Correct! Brannan Sutherland. Before him, Verron Haynes. Another great at that position was Mack Strong. And before him, Robert Honeycutt. We've had some great players here. I'm hoping Hicks joins that list.

Barring injury thriller, believe "Q's" name can be entered into the group mentioned above. I like the fact that "Q" :) seems to have leadership qualities. We won't have Jarvis forever, young men need to step up.

Edit: Appears to me that our coaches are on board with the coach'em up! talk. Really like hearing Ramik's name being called out by Todd Grantham. Fellows, going to see some hits from Ramik this season that we have seen previously from Ogletree. This could get ugly . . . for the opposition. :)

www.redandblack.com/sports/football-prac...b4-001a4bcf6878.html

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 8 months ago #47925 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Re: Missouri/Georgia . . . Show Time
I love it when those big guys fly around and HIT people! I saw an article somewhere recently that said James Franklin likes to lower his shoulder when he's running and put something behind his pads -

"Hey, James Franklin - I'm CALLIN' YOU OUT!! Try lowering that shoulder into one of our linebackers!"

More
11 years 8 months ago #47926 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic Re: Missouri/Georgia . . . Show Time

thriller wrote: I love it when those big guys fly around and HIT people! I saw an article somewhere recently that said James Franklin likes to lower his shoulder when he's running and put something behind his pads -

"Hey, James Franklin - I'm CALLIN' YOU OUT!! Try lowering that shoulder into one of our linebackers!"

Read the same thing Thriller. I could see a concussion in his near future. Wonder how their depth chart looks like at the QB spot would like to see us go trough a couple of them.

GO DAWGS

More
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds