Forum

Missouri/Georgia . . . Show Time

11 years 7 months ago #47944 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Missouri/Georgia . . . Show Time
thriller, can't imagine Todd Grantham allowing Franklin to get to the edge as much as he does in the video. If he cannot make it to the edge, you are probably right about looking harm directly in the eye. Maybe I should say eyes of many, the men up front play nasty.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 7 months ago #47953 by Buc

WoodstockDawg wrote: I love FB and TE...

They can be hard to defend if used correctly...

I think your assessment that Rome will be big is this game is dead on. I also hope that we see QH or a FB become huge in our offense this year.

The "Hobnail Boot" Touchdown in TN was to a FB... We need the FB catching the ball... It adds another dimension, and really keeps a defense on its toes.

Lets play some football!

GO DAWGS...

WoodstockDawg, apparently Lilly is big on the new TE's on campus. Had some very good things to say about them in the media yesterday.

Also understand that we are going to operate much of the time again this year from the no huddle. If that is the case then this new group of players must really have their heads screwed on. Working out of the no huddle, gives the tight ends a greater chance of making receptions.

One more thing that has caught my eye is Greg Pyke. Looks like he is going to play this year, no redshirt. Trying to be careful WoodstockDawg, does appear that Greg Pyke has a bit of the same stuff that John Theus is made of. Could not really make up my mind when he first signed on, did not know the level of competition. Seems to me that Will Friend is building something real special in Athens. Mike Bobo is praising the offensive line also . . . . going to be interesting. :)

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #47969 by Buc
Board quiet, looking around for football opinions. Interesting article by Seth Emerson. Toward the end of the article checked out the standings according to those that vote.

Did not see Missouri listed anywhere. Did see Texas A&M getting some votes.

If we are to believe in polls, UGA is sitting in a pretty good position overall. Looking at the different places that we are probjected to be, with our schedule and hard work, this could be a very rewarding year. Also gather from the polls that we have had some problems recently, one can only hope that we are past that now.

If we are not able to move through this schedule with many wins, there very well could be problems surfacing again in Athens. Talent is there, coaching them to new levels in mandatory in my mind this season.

Find myself using the word "if" a lot in my posts. Hoping that this 2012 Team of Dawgs turns the word "if" into "accomplished".

www.ledger-enquirer.com/2012/08/18/21667...6.html#storylink=rss

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 7 months ago #47970 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Missouri/Georgia . . . Show Time
Imo, I see two definite mistakes in his voting......FSU and Michigan ahead of us??? Dead wrong. UM will find out soon enough and FSU's QB can't touch AM......huge in the sport.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: fire_dawg

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #47975 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Re: Missouri/Georgia . . . Show Time
Just saw the AP poll . . . obviously means nothing until at least October, but . . .

I'm a little mystified by the "cupcake" schedule we supposedly have this year. It doesn't look like the AP thinks it's too easy, anyway. Don't think so? Missouri gets a mention. Tennessee gets a mention. Auburn gets a mention. Georgia Tech gets a mention. Florida is ranked at 23. South Carolina is ranked at 9. So AP writers think that fully HALF of our schedule merits recognition prior to the season.

In my most HUMBLE of opinions, we have the toughest "cupcake" schedule in the nation. We certainly don't have the easiest. So. Cal. just might have that one.

Edit: [Just realized that I maybe should have recognized Wisconsin's schedule as among the easier ones, at least as far as winning a conference championship. After Penn States issues, it leaves the Badgers with very little to accomplish to get to their title game.]

More
11 years 7 months ago #47976 by Buc
My bad thriller. Missed the Missouri mention.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.043 seconds