Forum

Missouri Chirping . . . Be Prepared UGA

11 years 9 months ago #47410 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Missouri Chirping . . . Be Prepared UGA

TN Dawg wrote:

wlayton wrote: TN Dawg........their D is assumed to be on par with ours????? Assumed by whom??? In THAT prior conference they played in.......REALLY???

Wow.....now that is an expensive brand of COOL-AID. :huh:

Sorry, should have posted link. Think they may be speaking more specifically of DL.
Here it is: www.athlonsports.com/college-football/se...rly-predictions-2012

Thanks TN Dawg......guess we'll see but I have a hard time believing their DL is on equal footing with ours. Their D was ranked 61st in the country last year........hmmmm, doesn't look like their front put much pressure on anybody to me.

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #47411 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Re: Missouri Chirping . . . Be Prepared UGA

wlayton wrote:

TN Dawg wrote:

wlayton wrote: TN Dawg........their D is assumed to be on par with ours????? Assumed by whom??? In THAT prior conference they played in.......REALLY???

Wow.....now that is an expensive brand of COOL-AID. :huh:

Sorry, should have posted link. Think they may be speaking more specifically of DL.
Here it is: www.athlonsports.com/college-football/se...rly-predictions-2012

Thanks TN Dawg......guess we'll see but I have a hard time believing their DL is on equal footing with ours. Their D was ranked 61st in the country last year........hmmmm, doesn't look like their front put much pressure on anybody to me.

and thier O line losing 3 seniors........Dawg D will feast.......

thecountrynation.com

More
11 years 9 months ago #47412 by wlayton
Then it looks like a "perfect storm" for our D to me ogredawg.

PVBDAWG

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #47413 by Buc
Seems to me that this group on the defense is approaching the 2012 season far differently than some of the teams before them. All of the pieces came back and we all know that many on this years group would be getting ready for training camp in the NFL as we speak.

I am also one that does not have a lot of fear about the opening group in our defensive backfield. Our DB's should and could have that split second or two to correct or make a play because of the front seven. Would be surprised if we see many forward passes that are longer than 10/15 yards downfield.

If I am their quarterback (Franklin) one thing is for sure, UGA's front seven is proven and they are on a mission. While the talk of the day has been Missouri ready to make hay with their introduction to the SEC, crowd noise is not going to make a difference as thriller has pointed out, comes a time when talent or cream rises to the top. That happened to us against Boise State last season, not this time, we are to a man ready to play football (SEC FOOTBALL). Forty-two points against UGA's defense, wow just wow . . . 11 point underdogs according to Missouri Tiger poster. I want some of that bet.

TN Dawg posted . . . Several have mentioned the same thing before. Could not agree more with the statement in bold.

This game will garner a lot of attention between now and then. Have thought from the beginning when schedule was announced this would be interesting game. We historically don't start strong. Missou will be fired up for this one. However, emotion only takes a team so far. Eventually the teams have to clash, and that is when UGA will take control.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 9 months ago #47415 by WoodstockDawg
Replied by WoodstockDawg on topic Re: Missouri Chirping . . . Be Prepared UGA
The discussion about us "historically not starting strong", is true, but we have not had this strong of a D in about 6 to 7 years, I think our calm comes from knowing our D can bail us out early.

I wouldn't be surprised if our D scored our first TD against Missouri...

Just my two cents.

GO DAWGS!!!

More
11 years 9 months ago #47416 by wlayton

WoodstockDawg wrote: The discussion about us "historically not starting strong", is true, but we have not had this strong of a D in about 6 to 7 years, I think our calm comes from knowing our D can bail us out early.

I wouldn't be surprised if our D scored our first TD against Missouri...

Just my two cents.

GO DAWGS!!!

Yeah, let's kick the opening kick-off to them and on Franklin's first play, Jones drills him and Tree gets a pick-six. Man that sounds good.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds