Forum

Let's hope this pans out . . .

11 years 9 months ago #46893 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Let's hope this pans out . . .

wlayton wrote: Buc, I think you were "spot on" with AM and your assessment of him out of HS. Sure, he's made a few poor decisions but still believe he's the best QB not only in Athens but in the SEC. I feel, just as you mentioned, that this is Aaron's 3rd year and the cerebral part of his game SHOULD catch up with his physical abilities. I think we will see his leadership abilities in a big way this year.......it's time now and believe AM knows it.

wlayton, one of the stats that I have overlooked/not mentioned is height. Not everyone can be a Drew Brees at 5'10" or 11" and be the best. Anyone that thinks that you have to to be 6'3" or taller than that . . . . has nothing to do with understanding where to place the football. Think that is called "touch". A quarterback can be 7' tall with all of the talent in the world, just one thing missing . . . . 6'5" 270 or so coming full steam after you, could care less that you are 4 or 5 inches taller.

Still comes back to "seconds on the clock". Myself, watch and count time from the "snap" to "release" or "handoff". Don't get me wrong on this, I am not sure that Mike Bobo understands that. I think he does, but . . . . Mike played the position (QB) that was a different time. I do not believe that AM has been released to play "his game". Just a thought. Can pull some posts up from three years back that question standing in the pocket without, and you understand this, "a front wall".

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #46894 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re: Let's hope this pans out . . .

wlayton wrote: just hope the coaches don't "overthink" with all the options around them.........

Think we're safe there...not much chance of Bozo overthinking anything--that requires too much thought. Confusing himself into an unconscious stupor, maybe, but no overthinking.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: bulldawg36869

More
11 years 9 months ago #46895 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Re: Let's hope this pans out . . .
I think Aaron Murray is a VERY good QB. From what I can tell, he has a tendency to feel the pressure against teams that are supposed to pose a challenge, and makes bad decisions. That's where coaching is supposed to kick in.

Buc, I hear what you're saying about that front wall. We need that O line to step up and push some guys around.

(We are well into the off season. I'm dying here. Need football, and need it BAD. I work in a sports oriented office, and just yesterday we were actually talking about the NBA playoffs. You have to be kidding me. NBA, indeed. I've GOT to find something to keep me interested. It ain't baseball. It ain't basketball. For me, golf is for playing - not spectating. Oh sure, I follow just about all sports, but there's just nothing like college football. And I'm not one of those guys who enjoys the political side of it, like arguing about playoff formats. I just want X's and O's. August is one of my favorite months, besides September.) :laugh:

• thriller
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 9 months ago #46896 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Let's hope this pans out . . .
thriller one thing for certain, think I have mentioned this before. There are several good defenses on the East side of the coin in the SEC.

With the exception of Alabama and LSU on the West side, the East appears to be real strong defensively. UGA, Florida, South Carolina and some of the others on the East side do play defense.

Think we can take for granted that BVG will have Auburn ready defensively. We have to know that BVG has last years score between UGA and Auburn posted everywhere. That is an away game.

Same thing with Grantham letting the young men know what happened in the "four" losses last season. Reminding them every chance he gets. Good on Grantham.

Lots of quality football players, every team in the SEC appears to be getting their share of these young men. Not sure that there is a "Homecoming" type game in the SEC anymore.

More
11 years 9 months ago #46897 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Let's hope this pans out . . .

sadlerdawg wrote:

wlayton wrote: just hope the coaches don't "overthink" with all the options around them.........

Think we're safe there...not much chance of Bozo overthinking anything--that requires too much thought. Confusing himself into an unconscious stupor, maybe, but no overthinking.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks sadlerdawg.......that's what I meant......overthinking into a confused state of unconsious stupor....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Just keep it simple and get it to your playmakers.

PVBDAWG

More
11 years 9 months ago #46898 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Let's hope this pans out . . .

Buc wrote:

wlayton wrote: Buc, I think you were "spot on" with AM and your assessment of him out of HS. Sure, he's made a few poor decisions but still believe he's the best QB not only in Athens but in the SEC. I feel, just as you mentioned, that this is Aaron's 3rd year and the cerebral part of his game SHOULD catch up with his physical abilities. I think we will see his leadership abilities in a big way this year.......it's time now and believe AM knows it.

wlayton, one of the stats that I have overlooked/not mentioned is height. Not everyone can be a Drew Brees at 5'10" or 11" and be the best. Anyone that thinks that you have to to be 6'3" or taller than that . . . . has nothing to do with understanding where to place the football. Think that is called "touch". A quarterback can be 7' tall with all of the talent in the world, just one thing missing . . . . 6'5" 270 or so coming full steam after you, could care less that you are 4 or 5 inches taller.

Still comes back to "seconds on the clock". Myself, watch and count time from the "snap" to "release" or "handoff". Don't get me wrong on this, I am not sure that Mike Bobo understands that. I think he does, but . . . . Mike played the position (QB) that was a different time. I do not believe that AM has been released to play "his game". Just a thought. Can pull some posts up from three years back that question standing in the pocket without, and you understand this, "a front wall".

Buc, believe we are all on the same page.......the "wall" you are speaking of, there lies THE key to success this year imo (sorry, guess you know how I feel about that :blush: )

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds