Forum

More suspensions looming

12 years 3 weeks ago #46552 by duck
Replied by duck on topic Re: More suspensions looming
Buc, as you will remember, I said a month or so ago, that we would not win a SEC or MNC under CMR. We will be lucky to continue to win 7 to 8 games a year with CMR and if and when CTG leaves, we are in deep sh--.

As for a replacement, i feel anybody can do just as good a job as CMR, you look at the talent we have, and with a new coach and OC, no telling what we could do.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #46553 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: More suspensions looming
duck, can't count the number of times that I have read posts that say we must have this person or that person, otherwise we would be making a huge mistake. Only person at this point that I would hate to lose on the UGA staff is Coach Grantham. He is totally about football. Does not have a lot of side issues that he participates in. Football first with Grantham.

Also some say that we would lose out on the recruiting trail. Believe that if anyone wants to, but it comes down to this. Each university under NCAA rules can only recruit x number of players each calendar year. Another point on the recruiting issue. Saban does not seem to have a hard time moving players from the State of Georgia, year after year. They are always the highest rated players.

Takes me to this . . . appears that winning championships and having a high quality team every year winning almost every game supercedes the good old boy approach. I say that the results of the past several years speak for themselves. I go along with averagedawg and several others on this board that think maybe our head coach might be a bit head strong. I know that the Martinez debacle certainly proved that point. Adams will accept 9/10 wins a year, and wonder why seats in the stadium are not filled as they once were.

SEC has a very strong record in the National Championship, one thing wrong with that picture . . . . Georgia is not included.

Just saying . . . I read every word that you post here, while I might not agree with everything, I am probably 95% in your corner. For whatever that is worth. You speak from the heart, no BS from you.

Go Dawgs . . . Looks like a long hot summer . . .

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #46557 by duck
Buc, was reading in the AJC that we have had 11 players leave our program since the bowl loss on 1/3. It also states that since 2010, we have lost 30 players due to academic, transfers, and kicked off team, or just guit.

I say this, if CMR is such a great coach to play for, then why are we having so many players leave our program. Som say it is due to lack of playing time, well my god, most of our players a hurt week end and week out, so why would these players not be giving playing time. Do we recruit players that are not good enought to play in the SEC, are we wasting schlorships. It seems to me that with an 85 man roster, every player should be able and worthy of playing time for UGA.

I do believe CMR runs a lack ship, and does not treat these players like kids, he wants to treat them as if they are adults. They must have guidance and watched over and not given the free rain to go and come as they please and be out till 2 or 3 am riding around.

I am aware like coach Bowden said, lot of schools do not test for drugs, that is why you never hear things, and I know UGA is one of the toughest in the nation for policy. It just seems like we have this dark clould UGA and it all started when the players ran onto the field duning the TD against Fla. It just seems things have never recovered from that monent. The university is just bashed by the NCAA and media every chance they get and someone is always lurking to find something to bring us down.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #46559 by Buc
duck, picked up on the last paragraph in your post. Reason for that is it has bothered me to no end the way the final "situation" was handled by Mark Richt and those above him.

duck posted:
I am aware like coach Bowden said, lot of schools do not test for drugs, that is why you never hear things, and I know UGA is one of the toughest in the nation for policy. It just seems like we have this dark clould UGA and it all started when the players ran onto the field duning the TD against Fla. It just seems things have never recovered from that monent. The university is just bashed by the NCAA and media every chance they get and someone is always lurking to find something to bring us down.

Mark Richt apologized to Urban Meyer after all of the dust had settled. The crap that was going on with Florida and their coaching staff under Meyer was never published, their Athletic Director has a way of "taking care of problems". Remembering that McGarity was at the University of Florida at that time. Meyer said no problem with what UGA did, then most of us remember what he did the following year in JAX. Dude has a memory like an elephant, although the folks in Tuscaloosa would not like Meyer being compared to an elephant, they like the elephant better . . . . quite frankly, so do I.

I have this picture in my mind and it takes me back to the days of Erk.

Coach Grantham sure as hell did not apologize or make an effort to apologize to Franklin after the Vandy game. There have been a couple of regular posters on this board that thought that Coach Grantham stepped out too far, that being one of their reasons he is an assistant rather than being ready to coach college football. Needed to spend more time in learning the finer points in coaching a D1 football team and not showing emotion. Seem to remember the head coach at Oklahoma State really showing his love for his players, did not turn out too bad for OSU. Also remember Jerry Jones hiring Todd Grantham, whether we have love for Jerry Jones or not, that is the highest rated football team in America when it comes to the public and ratings. "America's Team". Have also read where Jerry Jones has said that Grantham leaving did not please him. The players on defense loved Coach Grantham, much like what we see and read from the UGA football players.

Move forward from that time in Nashville to where we are now. Any thoughts about Coach Grantham making a big mistake, I think not. We must look a bit deeper into the aftermath. Adams, and the higher ups at UGA wanted Coach Grantham to "cool it". While Coach Grantham did offer some semblence of trying to get along, Todd Grantham comes from stronger "football roots" than those above him. He knew what was going on, also knew that there has to be a "bond" between the coach and the player. Anyone that has played football, don't care if it was in the 1940's or 2012, young men want to know that they are "pleasing" their coach with their "play" on the field.

Take a simple poll from UGA alumni and fans, very simple poll. If you had a choice of head coach at UGA, would you select or vote for Mark Richt or Todd Grantham. Covering all bets here and now, would be the easiest money I have ever made. If you want to win in the SEC, you must have a solid defense, not like the appointed defensive coordinator Willie Martinez. Worst appointment on the Athens Campus ever when we discuss defense.

Going to be a sad day as I have mentioned before when Coach Grantham leaves UGA and takes a head coaching job at Tennessee. Might not be Tennessee, but it will be a team in the SEC. Reason for that . . . Coach Grantham understands football from bottom to top. His connections in the football world would do nothing more than prove a point. He is far more qualified to coach in the SEC than Mark Richt is. I believe that the game of football, the way it is played in the SEC, has passed Mark Richt by. The same thing happened to Coach Bobby Bowden at FSU. The difference between Mark Richt and Bobby Bowden is this . . . . the administration at FSU knew it was time for Bobby Bowden to leave. President Adams (bothers me to say President) could care less about you and I as long as we continue to fill Sanford Stadium, and guess what, Adams is losing on that count also.

Changes need to be made duck, but those changes have been made through 2015. You are right and along with folks that I text with, it will not get better. We lose many defensive players after this season, could Willie Martinez handle that situation . . . . would we have what many folks consider a top five defense in the country . . . . watch out for BVG at Auburn and Muschamp out recruited UGA again. Columbia is waiting for us, hope that we have enough players to suit up and play. SS will do everything he can to prove to the SEC that South Carolina got beat by the schedule last season. Anyone remember what Florida did to us in Sanford Stadium when SS came calling . . . I do.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #46560 by duck
Buc, I 'll tell you another thing that upsets me, we have always been a power in tennis, golf, horse riding, ect. I see where UGA women basketball got outest by USC, I see where the No 1 UGA horse team ggot beat by USC, saw today where our socer team got beat by USC, our football team has lost 2 years in a row. What has happened to our all round sports programs, and how can they contiue to lose to lesser teams. I know for sure, it is time for Andy Landers to retire, he is like CMR, can't get past the first round of playoffs. I mean we have won so many national titles in the horse events, that to let USC program beat us or move ahead of us is just sicking.

It just seems to me that USC is doing what ever it takes to go out and find coaches that can make a winning program. It seems that UGA is just satisfied with the same old coaches with the same old results.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #46561 by Buc

duck wrote: Buc, I 'll tell you another thing that upsets me, we have always been a power in tennis, golf, horse riding, ect. I see where UGA women basketball got outest by USC, I see where the No 1 UGA horse team ggot beat by USC, saw today where our socer team got beat by USC, our football team has lost 2 years in a row. What has happened to our all round sports programs, and how can they contiue to lose to lesser teams. I know for sure, it is time for Andy Landers to retire, he is like CMR, can't get past the first round of playoffs. I mean we have won so many national titles in the horse events, that to let USC program beat us or move ahead of us is just sicking.

It just seems to me that USC is doing what ever it takes to go out and find coaches that can make a winning program. It seems that UGA is just satisfied with the same old coaches with the same old results.

Thank you President Adams. The light will go on soon duck, folks that are outside of his control will start making demands. Andy Landers is much like Bobby Bowden and Mark Richt, sometimes the "game" passes you by. I believe that.

More
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds