Forum

More suspensions looming

12 years 3 weeks ago #46519 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Re: More suspensions looming

Junior linebacker Alec Ogletree reportedly has also been suspended for four games for the same offense. In fact, Ingram said it is his understanding that as many as five Georgia football players may have failed drug tests during the recent round of screenings that caught Rambo

Tree gets 4 also and reports are 5 tested positive

thecountrynation.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #46520 by duck
Replied by duck on topic Re: More suspensions looming
I know first hand what it is like with these kids and drugs. My 2 step sons have been in and out of jail, rehab and only one has finally seen the light. I was about to say what AllDawgs 5 said, kick their buts off the team, let them see if they can get into the NFL on their own. I am serious, this is a joke and the university has being the laughing stock of college football. I say kick them all off, and lose the schlorship, I would rather win or lose with players that can do the right things and not break the law. For some, this is the 2nd time, no excusses. Why did Rambo give up the NFL to get busted and now maybe lose his shot at playing in the NFL. He must have seen something in this team that made him want to win a championship.

I know I wanted to be the first to blame CMR and his lack standards, but I do know first hand that no matters what you say , they do what they want. This is why I say kick them off the team, lose your schlorship and can not transfer to another school, you are done as a college athlete. It may take a year of 2 for these kids to realize that college football has gotten serious and will not put up with this crap any longer.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #46521 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: More suspensions looming
AllDawgs5, touchy subject with me . . . . again. kentdaddy and myself some several months back were kicking the NCAA's butt, left and right. Along with what Ohio State got away with because of the NCAA. Goes back to the media thingy. Ohio State is one of their jewels. Check ESPN out, too many Ohio State and Big 10 commentators to suit me.

Happen to like the proposal you presented concerning the NCAA and the way this scholarship business should be handled.

AD5 posted:
Make it a NCAA rule that if a player is dismissed from a school due to failed drug test, that athlete no longer qualifies for athletic scholarship compensation at any NCAA program. ANY, D1, D2 whatever classification of football they are looking to play. Last time I checked, smoking pot without a medical prescription is breaking a Federal law. Or if a school has to release a player for DUI's, assualts, whatever the reason may be, it they have broken a Constitutional law that results in the dismissal from that university, make them now pay their way after sitting out a year.

Also, make the punishment at each school the same. 1st time offender - 2 or so many games, 2nd time offender - a full season, 3rd - see ya, and now you are not qualified for any athletic scholarship. Hope your grades were good.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WoodstockDawg

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #46522 by TN Dawg
Replied by TN Dawg on topic Re: More suspensions looming
I'm hearing this will be the suspensions

BS-1 game
AO-2 game
BR-4 game

But after looking at the backups we're really not in THAT bad of shape.

It's not the depth that bothers me. It the fact the it gives UGA a black eye, disgraces MY university, and makes it look like all our players are a bunch of thugs!

I'm just tired of it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, AllDawgs5, WoodstockDawg, Dawg With Style

More
12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #46523 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Re: More suspensions looming
I agree with AD5, level the playing field.
Same rules for every school.
What annoys me is that we can't get through a spring break without this crap happening.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #46524 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: More suspensions looming

averagedawg wrote: I agree with AD5, level the playing field.
Same rules for every school.
What annoys me is that we can't get through a spring break without this crap happening.

averagedawg read this comment from Rambo's high school coach, floored me . . . .

“It’s stupid timing on the part of the University of Georgia if you ask me,” Ingram said. “I don’t know who’s policy it was to set that up after spring break but that’s crazy.”

Stupid on the University of Georgia . . . right on Coach Ingram. Stupid on Rambo and for his high school coach to hit the media with a statement like that. Guess times have changed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, WoodstockDawg

More
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds