Forum

More suspensions looming

11 years 11 months ago #46502 by southernlover
Replied by southernlover on topic Re: More suspensions looming

stanger wrote: Southernlover where did you find out the info on it being drug related? I can't find it anywhere online.

Stanger, for what it's worth I followed up and asked the question of Fletcher Page. He replied that he has multiple sources that confirmed.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• southernlover
  • southernlover's Avatar Topic Author
  • Bull Dawg
More
11 years 11 months ago #46503 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: More suspensions looming
Agree Buc....just trying to point out that states with this law can potentially expose and magnify the school's problems more so than states without that law. Imo, all schools athletic departments have this problem but many aren't put in neon lights.

PVBDAWG

More
11 years 11 months ago #46504 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: More suspensions looming

growl wrote: Pier pressure overides good coaching, respect,and even self preservation a lot of times, and it seems the harder you or I try the harder it gets to get a point across. I would hate to have to deal with coaching these days, the problems seem to be almost insurmountable, especially when the ones you think are past the trouble become the ones in trouble. I wish I had an answer for you,but,keeping your hands on 'em 24 hours a day isnt't it.

I hear you growl about dealing with being a coach nowadays but for 3-5 million.....I'll give it a try...:laugh: :laugh: :woohoo:

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: born2bAdawg

More
11 years 11 months ago #46505 by stanger
Replied by stanger on topic Re: More suspensions looming
I'm hearing this will be the suspensions

BS-1 game
AO-2 game
BR-4 game

But after looking at the backups we're really not in THAT bad of shape.

Linebackers you'll have JJ CR MG and proably be moving Washington back to linebacker just for the first 2 games. That's still a really strong group.

At Rambo's position I look for Marc Deas to really stepup he's got the skills just needs to show them and don't forget about Corey Moore either.

And besides if we can keep Mizzu's qb under pressure with our guys up front I think we'll be able to hold our own.

Just glad our 2nd game is'nt SC anymore.

More
11 years 11 months ago #46506 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Re: More suspensions looming

stanger wrote: I'm hearing this will be the suspensions

BS-1 game
AO-2 game
BR-4 game

But after looking at the backups we're really not in THAT bad of shape.

Linebackers you'll have JJ CR MG and proably be moving Washington back to linebacker just for the first 2 games. That's still a really strong group.

At Rambo's position I look for Marc Deas to really stepup he's got the skills just needs to show them and don't forget about Corey Moore either.

And besides if we can keep Mizzu's qb under pressure with our guys up front I think we'll be able to hold our own.

Just glad our 2nd game is'nt SC anymore.

Could always move Samuel back to LB.

More
11 years 11 months ago #46507 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: More suspensions looming

wlayton wrote: Agree Buc....just trying to point out that states with this law can potentially expose and magnify the school's problems more so than states without that law. Imo, all schools athletic departments have this problem but many aren't put in neon lights.

wlayton, guess that is what bothers me the most. All of the young men playing football in Athens know that our university has been raked through the coals. For the past couple of years UGA has been in the "neon lights".

Urban Meyer and some other recognized coaches have had problems much worse or should I say as bad as we have. They however don't seem to get the national media attention that UGA does. Does not really matter about state to state rules, has to do with media hype.

One would think that at some point the light would go on for these young men, and coaches. Let us not forget our ex-AD, red panties, Donnan and there are other cases.

From where I sit, time for McGarity to show his ability to make some improvements.

One other point, Rambo as I said before is not a freshman. Shame on him. Second time for Ogletree (9), I have this feeling that his head has gotten too big for his body. Big heads should use the gray matter that is just below the skull. Falling out with Ogletree also. Second time, first time stealing, something wrong here, appears to be a flaw in his character. Some can overlook that because that is the new wave of football players . . . sorry, don't buy that.

I can understand young fellow making mistakes, but like a good friend of mine in Brevard County, Florida says . . . . Don't like seeing those repeat offenders in front of my bench. No excuses for either of these players.

More
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds