Forum

17 years 4 months ago #2810 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: New Member

Hey kentdaddy, if I'm ahead of you on post count?, it just goes to show you that I need to GET A LIFE. As much as I like to talk with all of you, it's still pretty sad, huh? Hey Buc, I have a client that played for BB while he was at South Ga. College. He talks about Bobby all the time and they still keep in touch a little.

My son ran into BB a few years back when visiting the "Red Neck Riviera". Said to me that they shook hands, BB did not seem to be in a hurry, talked and had a good time getting to know each other. Bobby is a good man, just hope that he gets the right person to replace JB.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 4 months ago #2814 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re: New Member
I used to work in Destin at a fancy golf course and BB comes in every year for his Blount/Bowden golf tournament. He is a very nice man. He always had time to talk to people and seemed as nice as can be. I worked there during the bowl game where our beloved Daws put a massive beat down on FSU in that bowl game. It was a bit uncomfortable for a while.

More
17 years 4 months ago #2816 by Buc

I used to work in Destin at a fancy golf course and BB comes in every year for his Blount/Bowden golf tournament. He is a very nice man. He always had time to talk to people and seemed as nice as can be. I worked there during the bowl game where our beloved Daws put a massive beat down on FSU in that bowl game. It was a bit uncomfortable for a while.

kentdaddy, I was discharged from the Navy in 1961. At that time I lived in Atlanta and used to make the long trek through Georgia and Alabama to get to Destin. At that time it was like a sleepy little Greek village. Loved it. Reason for going to Destin then was I had relatives and I loved fishing and there was (and is) some wonderful fishing there. Head out East Pass and the weight of the world was off of my shoulders. And of course spent many an afternoon eating Appalachola (sp?) oysters and downing a couple, maybe more than a couple SUDS. Getting off topic. I have heard very few comments about Bobby Bowden that put him in a bad light. Free Shoes U and all of that, but some things are not under the headmasters control. I, like you, am ready to watch some of these young folks that MR and the staff have recruited the last couple of years, think that we are truly heading in the right direction. Also looking forward to VATech, that will be a test for us. Just have this feeling that we are going to shine against the top defense in the country. Have a great day, and Go Dawgs!

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #67029 by Buc
Again looking back.

History has a way of "repeating itself".

So much has changed over the years.

Posts on this board and others certainly have.

The group of coaches that are now "employed" in the Classic City at this point have me feeling some of the same that I felt over 8 years ago on Dawgs. com.

We (UGA) were in a mess when Mark Richt arrived. There were many years from the National Championship until Richt arrived. We got off pretty quickly upon Richt's arrival, and that continued for several years. Basically kept us moving forward until 2007 or just before.

From where I sit, the wheels started coming off, and one of the phrases that I used often was a "roller coaster ride". Up and down . . . . still lingers.

This group in Athens coaching these young men have my attention. From the year 2007 and thereafter "Leadership" reminds me of the mess that Mark Richt inherited. Now with some years under Richt's tenure, it appears that he might have gotten the message with the recent hirings.

Will stop with this. Coach Lander said this . . . . "I didn’t need to be told it was time".

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds