Dawgs.com
Remember me
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Dawg Talk
  • Page:

TOPIC: Good Coaching Move

Good Coaching Move 1 year 11 months ago #1

Really agree with the coaching move made to insert Josh Harvey-Clemons at safety. Size of course did play a big part in this move. Had this sneaky feeling that Josh would end up at safety, especially after looking over the incoming recruits this season.

Josh has proven in high school that he can play on the offensive side of the ball, has really good hands, and of course height. Reminds me of Mitchell. Not as fast, few are, but could play on either side of the ball, and this young man is another football player that does not want to sit.

As he adds muscle, which JTII will oversee, body strength becomes a reality, Josh in my opinion will remain as a top safety in the SEC. With the front seven that UGA is putting on the field, there are going to be a lot of interceptions, my bet is that Josh will get his share . . . and more. Good move coaches, believe it really strengthens this edition of our football team. :)
  • Buc
  • Senior Dawg
  • Thank you received: 2188
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Good Coaching Move 1 year 11 months ago #2

Wondering if anyone watched Mark Richt light up when the name Jordan Jenkins was mentioned in his presser. Did not say much, don't think much has to be said. This group of coaches know that we have a very special young man that many coaches wanted . . . . that includes Saban/Smart. Same goes for Josh Harvey-Clemons. JCH is going to light it up also.
  • Buc
  • Senior Dawg

Re: Good Coaching Move 1 year 11 months ago #3

More good news. Maybe the breaks are beginning to fall our way folks. Reading the report below, dropping the suspension makes a lot of sense . . . to me. :)

"After all the information we got we decided that he will be able to play the first game," Richt said.

Smith was arrested in March near Headland, Ala. for marijuana possession on his way to the beach for spring break vacation.

Georgia's athletic policy states marijuana arrests carry a mandatory suspension of 10 percent of the schedule. However, Richt said after discussing the facts of Smith's arrest, a suspension would not be levied.

Following the arrest, Smith returned immediately to Athens and was drug tested. He passed and was subsequently tested by "the court," he said, passing once again.

"I was tested," he said. "I was clean. I don't do drugs.
  • Buc
  • Senior Dawg

Re: Good Coaching Move 1 year 11 months ago #4

Now thats the way it should be. If you didnt do it, prove it and get on with it.
  • growl
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Junkyard Dawg
  • Thank you received: 365
The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

Re: Good Coaching Move 1 year 11 months ago #5

growl wrote:
Now thats the way it should be. If you didnt do it, prove it and get on with it.

growl, shows a lot of respect on both sides of the issue. Agree with you growl, that is the way it should be. Noticed that Ole Miss is bearing down on drug issues, would like to see an even playing field for all.

Maybe at some point we will see the NCAA come to grips with science. Understand that Houston should not have "used" to start with in high school, even though he says he was trying to aid his body in healing from an injury. Emmert needs to walk carefully, be real and forget old "UGA ISSUES".

On a high note chief, really glad to get Smith back. :)
  • Buc
  • Senior Dawg

Re: Good Coaching Move 1 year 11 months ago #6

You and me both, that whole thing was a little disjointed. He defended himself from the start and now we know why, even though it was a little "dumb" to eat the Brownies.
  • growl
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Junkyard Dawg
  • Thank you received: 365
The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

Re: Good Coaching Move 1 year 11 months ago #7

Really agree with the coaching move made to insert Josh Harvey-Clemons at safety. Size of course did play a big part in this move. Had this sneaky feeling that Josh would end up at safety, especially after looking over the incoming recruits this season.(Buc wrote this)

Buc you are dead own about JHC could be very special in the red zone and a great safety he likes contact!!

If you have not seen this it is Jarvis Jones talking about freshman.

www.macon.com/2012/08/07/2127106/video-g...ican-linebacker.html
  • Dawg With Style
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Junkyard Dawg
  • Thank you received: 299
Every Dawg has it's day and todays the Day!!!

Re: Good Coaching Move 1 year 11 months ago #8

Found this article to be very interesting. So much we find out after the horse is out of the barn. Think it goes something like that.

I watched Mark Richt run the FSU offense and this article brought back many memories of what he was doing back then. Apparently Richt is responsible for the return of the no huddle that we used last season. Seems as if AM thinks this edition of no huddle will be much improved over last seasons.

Also mentioned in the article was the fact that the coaches were playing "run the clock" instead of putting up more points. When Richt worked for Bobby Bowden in Tallahassee, they would put six on you every chance they got. Here is hoping that the bridle is taken off of the offense and they are allowed to run wild. Might happen if what I see from Mark Richt is a new, meaner, leaner task master. Something is different this season, can't quite put my finger on it just yet.

Georgia used the no-huddle early in Coach Mark Richt's tenure, but he eventually backed away from the attack that he had employed so successfully at Florida State, claiming that SEC officials would not allow the Bulldogs to snap the ball quickly enough for it to maintain its effectiveness.

The league's officials started to ease up in recent seasons on teams that wanted to move quickly -- think Auburn's fast-paced offense with Cam Newton at the trigger in 2010 -- and Georgia's coaches saw that the opportunity existed to bring it back.

"I think early on [the referees] got Coach out of that and the last few years we've been talking about it and just hadn't done it," Bobo said. "Last year was something where we wanted to try it and felt comfortable with it and stuck with it."

espn.go.com/colleges/georgia/football/st...nse-georgia-bulldogs
  • Buc
  • Senior Dawg
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.038 seconds