Dawgs.com
Remember me
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Dawg Talk
  • Page:

TOPIC: Recruiting Derrick Henry/Alvin Kamara

Recruiting Derrick Henry/Alvin Kamara 2 years 3 months ago #1

AJC has posed the question on whether or not the IC dismissal will have a bearing on Derrick Henry and his commitment to UGA. Did not take long for that question to be answered.

First off I don’t think that the dismissal of IC has anything to do with Henry’s new number one school being Alabama. If I were to guess at this point as to where Henry will go to school, my thinking is it will be Florida or Florida State. He will not start at running back at Alabama or UGA. If he chooses Alabama, no way he is the starting running back. If Henry chooses UGA, no way is he the starting running back.

If anyone really wants to get a good look at just how effective Henry is, check out last years game against Buford. Henry does not play against “top” competition in Florida, makes it a bit easier for the numbers he puts up. When he does go against teams like Buford, which is like never, check the results. Against Bolles, final score was 47-0.

Seems to me he is a bit timid running inside. Also don’t think . . . know that if he continues to run straight up, very little bend at the waist, no shoulder pad level, he will be eaten alive in the SEC. Henry is a “big back” and that aids folks like we have playing in Grantham’s defense now and hopefully for a few more years. His running style will give him many “tummy aches” and that is a given. Running back is not the place for Derrick Henry in the SEC. Do believe that he will end up as a tight end, much like Orson Charles.

Watched the entire game of Yulee versus Buford more than once. Did not see Henry play one down on the defensive side of the ball. No excuses for not having fresh legs. Could be said and should, Yulee is not on the same level as Buford and Bolles and others. There is no way that Derrick Henry, with his vast amount of talent can produce the same numbers in the SEC or be close to what he is doing in high school. That not only applies to Derrick Henry, same can be said for many young men coming from high school with huge numbers.

If I were in the position of offering a scholarship to either Derrick Henry or Alvin Kamara, hands down I select AK. YouTube allows us to take a serious look at both. AK plays against stiff competition in 90% of his games, same cannot be said about DH.

Just my opinion. If you have the time, check out the link below, long but the proof is in the pudding.

• Buc
  • Sage Dawg
  • Thank you received: 2698
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Recruiting Derrick Henry/Alvin Kamara 2 years 3 months ago #2

Hands down I like Ak alot!!:)
  • Dawg With Style
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Junkyard Dawg
  • Thank you received: 397
Every Dawg has it's day and todays the Day!!!

Re: Recruiting Derrick Henry/Alvin Kamara 2 years 3 months ago #3

Dawg With Style, not all news being created by the young folks from Columbus, Georgia and Carver High School comes from the sewer as some suggest.

What a MAN Jarvis Jones is. One of my favorite players of all time and has only one year of gridiron action with UGA. This is probably the last season that we get to watch this incredible football player and citizen wearing the Red and Black. :)

Lifted this from georgiadogs.com

July 5, 2012
ATHENS, Ga. --- Georgia junior outside linebacker Jarvis Jones has been named to the Blue Ribbon Yearbook’s preseason All-America team, according to a recent announcement.

Jones is one of eight players from the Southeastern Conference on the 26-man team. The publication has also named Jones its preseason SEC Defensive Player of the Year and picked the Bulldogs to win the SEC’s Eastern Division.

A native of Columbus, Jones was a unanimous First Team All-American following the 2011 season after he led the SEC in both sacks (13.5) and tackles for loss (19.5). Last year marked his first season playing for the Bulldogs after he transferred from USC and then redshirted the 2010 campaign.
  • Buc
  • Sage Dawg
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

Re: Recruiting Derrick Henry/Alvin Kamara 2 years 3 months ago #4

Class act by Burrows and Richt. Grantham and Richt will both help this young man find a very good school to play for. With all of the bad, there is sun light.

onlineathens.com/breaking-news/2012-07-0...ranted-unconditional
  • Buc
  • Sage Dawg

Re: Recruiting Derrick Henry/Alvin Kamara 2 years 3 months ago #5

Buc wrote:
Class act by Burrows and Richt. Grantham and Richt will both help this young man find a very good school to play for. With all of the bad, there is sun light.

onlineathens.com/breaking-news/2012-07-0...ranted-unconditional

That was the right thing to do.:)

JJ-29 is going to be a beast this year will be fun to watch!
  • Dawg With Style
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Junkyard Dawg

Re: Recruiting Derrick Henry/Alvin Kamara 2 years 3 months ago #6

This is another RB Georgia is looking at.

theladysportswriter.com/2012/07/georgia-...look-at-georgia.html
  • Dawg With Style
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Junkyard Dawg

Re: Recruiting Derrick Henry/Alvin Kamara 2 years 3 months ago #7

Is it true that Burrows after getting a release decided to stay at UGA afterall? One of my acquaintances said he read it on espn. GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • growl
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Junkyard Dawg
  • Thank you received: 403
The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

Re: Recruiting Derrick Henry/Alvin Kamara 2 years 3 months ago #8

growl wrote:
Is it true that Burrows after getting a release decided to stay at UGA afterall? One of my acquaintances said he read it on espn. GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes he is here is the article growl.

blogs.ajc.com/uga-sports-blog/2012/07/09...logs_uga_sports_blog
  • Dawg With Style
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Junkyard Dawg
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.041 seconds