Forum
Dawgs.com
Remember me
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Dawg Talk

TOPIC: Important Part of SEC Football

Important Part of SEC Football 2 years 6 months ago #1

Sometime back there was short conversation on the board about replacing our kicker and punter. If you have not read this, might want to if you follow the kicking game, especially as kicking and punting have meant so much for many years to the SEC. Quarterbacks, speedy backs, great receivers and O and D linemen along with DB's and Lb's are great to have, must as we all know have to have a serious SEC kicking/punting game. Note the average punting yardage that our kicker had last season. Did notice that Alabama signed the number one kicker in the nation, not surprising. :)

www.chrissailerkicking.com/player-profil...9/PlayerProfile.html
  • Buc
  • Sage Dawg
  • Thank you received: 2699
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

Re: Important Part of SEC Football 2 years 6 months ago #2

Notice that LSU thinks their Defensive Coordinator is someone worth keeping. :)

espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/...close-big-money-deal
  • Buc
  • Sage Dawg

Re: Important Part of SEC Football 2 years 6 months ago #3

5 most Important post spring dates for UGA

b.bm324.com/public/?q=ulink&fn=Link&ssid...T5Xzug.T5Xzug.N4hugA

What did we end up paying Grantham?
  • Dawg With Style
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Junkyard Dawg
  • Thank you received: 397
Every Dawg has it's day and todays the Day!!!

Re: Important Part of SEC Football 2 years 6 months ago #4

DWS, don't know if CTG's salary has been finalized at this point. If so, haven't seen any numbers.

Another important part of SEC Football in my opinion, Strength and Conditioning, read this article and have some thoughts of my own. Mark Richt showed class in what he did without knowing the NCAA rules governing what he did. Still think that the NCAA is FULL OF ITSELF. Anyone with thoughts about the link below? Raised a couple of hairs on my neck, Bulldogs do have hair on their necks. :)

espn.go.com/colleges/georgia/football/st...h-conditioning-staff
  • Buc
  • Sage Dawg
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

Re: Important Part of SEC Football 2 years 6 months ago #5

Checking the time lines, the link below was added after the article was posted here. Reading some of the posts being made about the S&C program at UGA and the way it has been handled, guess it goes to the question I asked in an earlier post. I am certainly not pleased with the numbers that I see posted by David Ching in his article.

Say it again, Mark Richt saw some of the problems with the way the "administration" was handling things at the pay window and tried to make things right through his pocket. Surprising, nope, Adams and some of the others have been on this path for a long while. My family and friends spend enough and we are continually asked for more, this is going to be a big issue, will be interesting to see how Adams handles this one. Sometimes a bluff has to be called. Some folks mad and can't blame them in what they have to say about UGA and the handling of "our money". Somehow this program cannot get on an evel keel, starts at the top and Mark Richt is not the top if you get my drift.

blutarsky.wordpress.com/2012/04/25/is-ge...with-its-sc-program/
  • Buc
  • Sage Dawg

Re: Important Part of SEC Football 2 years 6 months ago #6

This is the way all Georgia football players should try to be.

b.bm324.com/public/?q=ulink&fn=Link&ssid...T5iZKA.T5iZKA.yfzK9Q :)
  • Dawg With Style
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Junkyard Dawg
  • Thank you received: 397
Every Dawg has it's day and todays the Day!!!

Re: Important Part of SEC Football 2 years 5 months ago #7

A month or so ago we mentioned the kicking game. Have been following Seth Emerson's run on players that are criticial to UGA's upcoming season. I have enjoyed reading his opinion's on the different young men. Personally don't view his rankings as saying who is the best and why they have to be the best, like the fact that he is inserting personal feelings and ratings as he sees them. Good stuff Seth. There are some beat writers out there that could learn a lot from your style.

Know a little bit about some of the players that come out of Central and South Florida. Went out on the limb some time back and said that Walsh would be very effective wearing the Red and Black. Think that most would agree that Blair was a very positive force for UGA. Slipped some his senior year, but overall, if you and I believe in statistics, Blair Walsh lived up to his contract with our University.

For all the praise that I heaped on Blair Walsh prior to putting on the UGA uniform, going to spin a little bit about Marshall Morgan.

In my opinion and some of the folks I talk with down this way, Marshall Morgan is a better kicker than Blair Walsh was coming out of high school. Has more leg than Blair had, and he is accurate. Some of Blair's problems I still think inadequate coaching played a part in, early on when he arrived in Athens. That is past history will leave that alone, and just to make a point, the coach that I think caused some of Blair's problems is no longer with UGA.

Marshall Morgan has added muscle and information coming from one friend, is kicking the football out of the end zone with great consistency. Marshall is an excellent punter, and to top that off, he loves football, loves contact, and he will put his headgear in the mix. That scares me a bit when I look over the SEC caliber of football. Don't want this young man to get hurt, he could very well be our answer to Special Team Play. If and I think this will happen, MM puts the ball into the end zone, opponents start on their 20 and have to travel 80 yards against Grantham's Defense . . . . like that a lot. :)

Have mentioned on this board over a long period of time that I appreciate the kicking game in the SEC. Goes back to Coach Bobby Dodd at GT and the Majors Clan at UT, both of those teams won many games because they did have a kicking game. This old fart cannot budge on the point that a solid kicking game is just as important as a solid defense or offense. Know I got a bit long winded, so what is new. :)

Edit: In South Florida a lot of Soccer is played, many young men learn early the art of kicking.

Below is Seth's latest view on our Dawgs . . . .

www.macon.com/2012/05/23/2030361/and-now...t.html#storylink=rss

Go Dawgs, Coach'em Up!:)
  • Buc
  • Sage Dawg

Re: Important Part of SEC Football 2 years 5 months ago #8

Signing this young man really excites me. Also glad that he did not wait forever to sign. This offensive line is now looking to become a strength in Athens.

blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012/05/23/bran...ment-no-17-for-2013/
  • Buc
  • Sage Dawg
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds