Dawgs.com
Remember me
Wednesday November 26, 2014
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Dawg Talk

TOPIC: Recruiting Change a Plus??

Recruiting Change a Plus?? 2 years 7 months ago #1

Realizing of course that many of the players that remained in Athens for another year had an effect on the list below. Some of the players that chose to stay another year would probably have received an invite. Also, most of those that chose to stay were on the Defensive side of the ball.

It means so much to get that winning tradition back, allowing us to keep more of the top rated athletes wearing the Red and Black. Know that all of you know this, understand it probably better than I do. I spend a lot of time looking at different aspects of the game and feel that the new recruiting efforts (reaching out further and quicker than before) are being made and are beginning to show results.

I feel that the last few years we were not progressing overall, with one exception, that of course being Grantham's side of the ball. Having said that, with the small incoming class there were several outstanding gets. 2013 at this point looks very promising, and the best may yet to be announced. Appears to me that the new approach is . . . . young men we have x number of slots and those are primarly position slots. We know how Mark Richt is about honoring his word to commitments, young fellows out there (some of them) are aware also. I truly like the new way of recruiting, think it brings us closer to Alabama and their winning ways.

This year will without a doubt let us know just how far we have traveled up the recruitment ladder.

Here are the 12 SEC players who have invites to this year's draft:
•Mark Barron, Alabama
•Michael Brockers, LSU
•Morris Claiborne, LSU
•Fletcher Cox, Mississippi State
•Stephon Gilmore, South Carolina
•Cordy Glenn, Georgia
•Dont'a Hightower, Alabama
•Melvin Ingram, South Carolina
•Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama
•Rueben Randle, LSU
•Trent Richardson, Alabama
•Courtney Upshaw, Alabama

Edit: Forgot to post this. Would it not be something if Meyer gets caught with a recruiting violation his first year at the helm in Columbus? Notice the above mentioned list of NFL invitees to the draft . . . not one Florida player. Folks in the State of Florida are po'd.

aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story...gs-program-will-musc
  • Buc
  • Sage Dawg
  • Thank you received: 2833
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Recruiting Change a Plus?? 2 years 6 months ago #2

This is Tray Matthews recruiting for Georgia.

espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:7866686
  • Dawg With Style
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Junkyard Dawg
  • Thank you received: 429
Every Dawg has it's day and todays the Day!!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds