Dawgs.com
Remember me
Friday November 21, 2014
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Dawg Talk

TOPIC: UGA Football 2012 Spring Game

UGA Football 2012 Spring Game 2 years 7 months ago #1

Not sure how many folks got to watch the G-Day Spring Game. For those of you that did not, maybe this will give you a closer look at our football team. :)

espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/source/es...6242/size/condensed/
  • Buc
  • Sage Dawg
  • Thank you received: 2820
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

Re: UGA Football 2012 Spring Game 2 years 7 months ago #2

Watching the ESPN3 film a few times, made my spirits move up. Watched the middle of the offensive line going full force with Grantham's forces, renewed my belief in what can and possibly will happen with this group of young pups.

I do recognize the fact that this was not balls to the wall football, but if I look close enough, there were some serious exchanges being made between the D and O lines. These folks were not shaking hands every time the ball was snapped.

After watching the film a few times, takes me to this . . . . Our Defensive Line is more than a defensive line. Grantham has put together a two and one half deep front. If we can't get the maximum from that, don't have an answer. We can bring young folks to Athens year after year, most are looking for the next move (NFL). That takes time, it is called the teaching process. In my simple opinion, that is what the missing factor has been in Athens for many years. We finally have a "teacher". The simple difference between a first round, second round, third round draft choice in the NFL is not based simply on muscule and speed, it is about understanding football.

Anyone that thinks you can move to the NFL on talent alone is missing the single most important factor involved in playing the game.

Comes down to this in my opinion. We bring a coach to Athens that has participated in the entire spectrum of football. Said coach says this is what you have to do if you want to reach your "Dream". This was a missing link at UGA for far too long. We however are not a stupid bunch, might take us a bit longer to catch on, but we do however catch on. I think that I have seen some of that in the past three to five years. Now is a time for many of us to sit back and watch, rather than squawk a lot.

In Athens there is a lot of talent, seems like there will be more heading to Athens in the near future. There comes a time when the stars align . . . I personally see nothing in 2012 that should either scare me or my team to prevent the Red and Black from being "All That".

Go Dawgs, Coach'em up! :)
  • Buc
  • Sage Dawg
The following user(s) said Thank You: WoodstockDawg, growl

Re: UGA Football 2012 Spring Game 2 years 7 months ago #3

Have read many articles recently, this particular one I would grade highly. Stayed on point, pointed out the facts, mentioned some of the jabs, but kept most things in context. Another article that probably many of you have read, for the others, seems to be a good, straight forward piece of college football reporting. :)

www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/...ut-that-could-change
  • Buc
  • Sage Dawg

Re: UGA Football 2012 Spring Game 2 years 7 months ago #4

Mizzou game will tell exactly where we are on the O side of the ball Buc. Like you watching the G Day game I was impressed with the play of the O line. Gates really shined and showed he is ready to step up. Friend doing a bang up job with these young men. But alas talk is cheap and the O (Bobo) will have to prove to a lot of us that it has turned the corner and is prepared to bring UGA back into the top tier of the SEC. The D is already there and little worries with me about it. I think the young cover guys will step up and impress us because of the cailber of coaching on that side of the ball. Year 3 under CTG will be impressive no doubt.
  • ogredawg
  • Junkyard Dawg
  • Thank you received: 615

Re: UGA Football 2012 Spring Game 2 years 7 months ago #5

I liked the KOOLAID but still scared to drink I hope the new SC people will fix alot of issues this summer still want to see us play a whole 60 min. game loved what Malcome did him and Gurley are going to be hard to handle KM to.
JSW he is going to be the next break out WR so what about QB play Murray going to start.
Good read about IC.:)
b.bm324.com/public/?q=ulink&fn=Link&ssid...T49Z1A.T49Z1A.WOSFaQ
  • Dawg With Style
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Junkyard Dawg
  • Thank you received: 426
Every Dawg has it's day and todays the Day!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Re: UGA Football 2012 Spring Game 2 years 7 months ago #6

I am going to try and stay away from the schedule issue. It is what it is. End of the season all of us are going to see where the improvements have been made regardless of competition. Anyone that reads the comments on this board know how many of us feel about Coach Grantham and what his presence in Athens has meant to most of us. The Red and Black truly needed some backbone.

My thoughts take me back to earlier times when Mark Richt went out on a limb and said the following. . . . Mark Richt believes that Isaiah Crowell will man up and be the person that he can be. Richt stood behind IC, but this comes with an asterisk. Richt said publicly that he was looking for "running backs". That moved me closer to Richt and his newly found coaching style. Prior to that, Mark Richt would bend for his coaching friends and many of the players. When Richt said that, I feel he had enough of players walking on campus and dictating "how" they would play, maybe should also add "when" they would play. Make no mistake, Mark Richt was on the "hot seat". Talent was one thing, getting the talent to play needed our Head Coach to step up and play "hard ball". He did.

ogredawg, might be that we have the clone of Grantham on the offensive side. Said in another thread earlier that I felt the best thing that could happen to the offensive linemen would be to line up against the first team defense. Read some posts that suggested the regular way of Spring football was for number one defensive team to scrimmage against the number two offense. Old habits die hard sometimes. The coaches lined one up against one and I believe we will reap benefits from that. There have been many articles that suggest just that. Friend as Grantham needed some time to get his part of the team together. Keeping my eyes on the continuing recruiting efforts concerning the O line.

Missouri will be a test, damn sure agree with that.
  • Buc
  • Sage Dawg
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

Re: UGA Football 2012 Spring Game 2 years 7 months ago #7

Looking around and took a very close look at the listing of 2012 teams and where they are rated. Ohio State bothers me a lot,rated #3, but that is me. Still believe that they got away with more than most universities with lesser mistakes or "supposed mistakes". Beginning to see too much of Urban Meyer on the tube these days. Florida folks down my way are howling about UM. LOVE IT!!

Time to crank our recruiting efforts up . . . . not one year, not one position, year after year and don't forget the most important ingredient . . . . coach them up.

At this point in time it appears that our recruiting efforts have taken a 180 degree turn. I think that is good. Lock these young folks up early, they eventually become our best recruiters. :)
  • Buc
  • Sage Dawg
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds