Forum
Dawgs.com
Remember me
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Dawg Talk

TOPIC: One Pleased Dawg!!

One Pleased Dawg!! 28 Mar 2012 23:33 #1

Sometimes I read what Jeff Schultz writes, and that is not very often, today Jeff presented a column that needless to say not only caught my attention, it pleased this old Dawg.

Since Coach Todd Grantham came on board, guess that somebody at UGA RECRUITED him, and that is the reason I am posting this on the Recruiting side of the ledger. Jeff says he (Todd Grantham) was number four in the pecking order of coaches asked to come to Athens. I had some months back said five, and pretty much was thrown to the curb for my "serious" error saying number five. Saved those posts.

When I finished reading the link below, just reinforces my thoughts on what a "jewel" we have and the thoughts of him moving on worry the pp out of me. Again, what Coach Grantham and his coaches have done on the defensive side of the ball has without a doubt caught more folks attention than say our Head Coach recently. That is a fact. When a lot of folks talk about UGA Football, the first coaches name that usually pops up in the conversation is Todd Grantham, maybe I just happen to run in different circles.

After reading the column, there is not a doubt in my mind that Coach Grantham is set in his mind as to who and where he is going to play folks. Meaning this, Todd Grantham understands the personnel on his side of the ball and knows what to do with them. Very interesting read, and really like the coach speak along with Jeff Schultz trying at this point to get on board, on board with the possibilities that UGA could be all that this season. The new car manufacturers call some of the models "crossovers". Get my drift folks. :)

Edit:
This is one paragraph that is in the link below. It is a very simple rack to hang your hat on. Todd Grantham is a teacher. How long before we understand that in toto before something changes on the other side of the ball.

The defense succeeded last season despite having 11 different lineups in 14 games because of suspensions and injuries. Georgia has great athletes, but that always has been the case. College teams aren’t defined by the number of stars on letter-of-intent day, they’re defined by how players develop and play.

blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-blog/2012/03/...gs_jeff_schultz_blog
  • Buc
  • Senior Dawg
  • Thank you received: 2139
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: One Pleased Dawg!! 29 Mar 2012 01:30 #2

Coach Grantham is going to show all of us why he is one (1) of the premier defensive coaches in college football this season.

There is not a doubt in my mind that Todd Grantham is going to have Jordan Jenkins on the field, especially after spending the time he did in the recruiting war with Saban/Smart. There was a reason for that . . . . Jordan Jenkins is a very special football player. Grantham knows that better than anyone.

Sure hope that we don't lose Coach Grantham to another SEC school when his extension is up in Athens. Probably should not worry too much about that, President Adams and his selected few will find a replacement that won't give us, the fans a cause to worry. Might be the fourth choice, but they will find their man.

Personally, going to try and enjoy Coach Grantham's stay in Athens. He sure has given us the formula for improvement. Going to be a sad day when he comes back with another colleges colors and many of the football players he has on his team that were recruited from the State of Georgia. Between Grantham/Smart/Saban, won't leave a hell of a lot for us. Coach Gratham is worth more to the University of Georgia than any coach that currently resides there. My opinion. Just for kickers, I think he is ready for a head coaching job, don't think he needs any more seasoning. Wonder if there are other colleges that think he is ready? Silly talk.
  • Buc
  • Senior Dawg
  • Thank you received: 2139
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

Re: One Pleased Dawg!! 29 Mar 2012 01:35 #3

I am proud to call Todd Grantham our DC I love the fire and passion he has for football it's been a long time since that's been in Georgia. I am just scared they didn't pay him enough K.Smart just got a raise he is making $200,000.oo more than Grantham a year why didn't Mcgarity pay him more are we broke I don't think so I think a million a year would of been about right but what do I no money talks coaches walk.:( :huh: :ohmy:
  • Dawg With Style
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Junkyard Dawg
  • Thank you received: 283
Every Dawg has it's day and todays the Day!!!
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds