Dawgs.com
Remember me
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Dawg Talk
  • Page:

TOPIC: Quarterbacks 2012

Quarterbacks 2012 15 Mar 2012 17:03 #1

Felt as if I was getting too far off of the subject that Chief growl started the Discipline thread with. Will post some of the things that I can gather on the recruiting side. Apologies Chief . . . :)

Faton Bauta. Know some things about this young man, have a couple of friends south of me that say he is "all that". Smart, strong, plans to lineup and play, he is that type of player.

Down this way many of the reporters were trying very hard to classify Faton as the next coming of Tebow. That is not the case, Tebow's arm does not come close to Faton's. Faton could play linebacker for UGA if he chose to move to that side of the field. He is talented, smart, fearless and plans to take snaps in Athens. Don't rule this young man out. Hoping that our coaches are not stuck in the same rut that they have been for many years.

Always want to keep our word, but regardless of the years on campus, best man should be on the field. Mark Richt and Mike Bobo have some serious talent on "their" side of the ball. Many talk about how good our defense is and will be. That happened with what I like to call "coaching them up". The Defense did not get better without talented coaches.

espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7675687
  • Buc
  • Senior Dawg
  • Thank you received: 2163
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

Re: Quarterbacks 2012 15 Mar 2012 17:30 #2

Same old thing will Richt play the best player or his favorite player like COX that s____!!! But we do have alot of playmakers when they all get here it's up to BOZO and we know his track record up the middle just run a toss sweep Marshall will do the rest.:cheer:
  • Dawg With Style
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Junkyard Dawg
  • Thank you received: 288
Every Dawg has it's day and todays the Day!!!

Re: Quarterbacks 2012 15 Mar 2012 18:37 #3

Guessing if we are going to talk about quarterbacks, tightend should also be discussed. I like the idea of two, strong athletic tightends lining up with the offensive line. Lots of talent on that offensive side.

Think it was yankeedawg1 one that said it, and if not, I apologize. Something to the effect that this is Mike Bobo's year to step up. I say that because he is supposedly the Offensive Coordinator not Mark Richt, and some of the same will not get by another year.

Have to feel that McGarity is looking closer than ever. Reason I say that, appears to me that in Mark Richt's contract the main drawback is the release clause. You can certainly correct me if I am wrong.

espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7687353
  • Buc
  • Senior Dawg

Re: Quarterbacks 2012 16 Mar 2012 13:53 #4

will Bauta even see any snaps this year. Murray is the man as long as he is healthy with LeMay as #2 and Mason redshirting. May see him in the Wild Dawg but this OC we currently have seems to not utilize the players......unless Bauta comes in and just wows everyone with some really spectacular talent (and that may not even help) I see absolutly no playing time for him and being redshirted.....
  • ogredawg
  • Junkyard Dawg
  • Thank you received: 383

Re: Quarterbacks 2012 16 Mar 2012 18:14 #5

ogredawg there is no doubt that you are on point. Nothing really unusual about that. Enjoy reading your posts as first off they come from someone that without a doubt understands the game and second . . . gave us JCH as promised. Quite a feat as we had been getting our bottoms handed to us for far too long by FSU and others from your alma mater.

Excuses won't work with the talent that resides in Athens. This is "you know what" or get off of the pot.

With AM being surrounded by more and deeper talent this season, expect to see his turnover ratio looking much better.

Looking forward to IC knowing the playbook, appears that his competition has aced that part of the program. Bothered me last season when IC would have to ask AM where he needed to line up, and he did that too often. Does not give the quarterback a lot of confidence in the play if his running back does not know what to do. This could get real interesting, real fast on Tuesday.
  • Buc
  • Senior Dawg

Re: Quarterbacks 2012 16 Mar 2012 18:43 #6

Talent Talent and more Talent Buc........if the OL comes together quickly we will contend and be a top 5 team.....I cannot see for the life of me if the OL performs that the talent and experience we have on the Offensive side that even Bobo :whistle: cannot screw it up this year. The Defensive side of the ball worries me very little. CTG will get the job done no matter who is on the field. 2012 QB situation is good a healthy Murray and talent behind him plus an outstanding running game and we will contend this year. Friend do your thing and bring this OL along quickly.
  • ogredawg
  • Junkyard Dawg
  • Thank you received: 383
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Re: Quarterbacks 2012 01 Apr 2012 18:24 #7

Thinking this might interest some on the board.

espn.go.com/blog/colleges/lsu/post/_/id/...erger-in-spring-game
  • Buc
  • Senior Dawg

Re: Quarterbacks 2012 06 Apr 2012 14:30 #8

Link below maybe some of have seen if not . . . think most know what I think and have said about Faton. Coming from our #2, this is high praise. Overall good interview, and more awesome talk about the D.

Thanks to the good Lord for all of our blessings. Wishing a wonderful Easter to all.

espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7756855
  • Buc
  • Senior Dawg
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.045 seconds